Most disliked Vegetable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Vegetable do you Least Like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okra for sure - looks like most people agree with me from the bar chart - but not a great fan of yam or celery.

Of all the veggies listed, I would have to say Brussels sprouts would be my choice. Although, if I were at someone's home and the were served for dinner, I would eat some to be courteous. I've never had Brussels sprouts prepared in a way that I could say has been appetizing to me. I HAVE had them cooked to death and could not stand them that way. Yuck. Okra seems to be the choice of many on this board. Love pickled okra, though.

I love vegetables and always look forward to our warmer months when I can grow some of my favorites and can buy from our local farmers markets. In fact, I'll probably plant some seeds inside this weekend to get a head start for this year's garden.

I have tried over and over to like Asparagus, but, whether fresh or canned, it smells like Horse Pee when it is cooking. I just cannot get by that HORRIBLE smell.

I have yet to find a vegetable I haven't liked, BUT as other posters have mentioned, it DEFINITELY depends on how it's prepared.

And I've tried some oddball ones too. Anyone else here enjoy Samphire?

Without a doubt I hate brussel sprouts. I can't say anything about kale or okra as I never tried them but I HATE brussel sprouts. They're the most disgusting veggies! lol

YT2095 said:
Okra for sure, I don`t like swedes, turnips or parsnips either.
Okay, I have heard of them, but I have no clue what swedes are. I am half Swedish, but I assume you are not saying you don't like me. :LOL: My uncle was a crazy (in a nice way!) Swede, but I'm positive you would have liked him. :cool: So, what kind of vegetable is a swede?

:) Barbara

You people are a bunch of rude uncaring heathens! Imagine how poor okra feels right now after being so ruthlessly humiliated right out in public. Comments like these can harm a poor veggie's self-esteem to the point where they will be scarred for life. Okra will be in counselling for years and has no hope of ever growing up to lead a fullfilling, joyous life.
I hope you're all proud of yourselves, you meanies!

I personally would rather eat shattered glass than okra, but at least I have the decency to keep that opinion to myself.

Buck - that's only because you've never had okra properly prepared.

And the chances of you enjoying okra properly prepared to your liking versus you finding shattered glass properly prepared to your liking would truly be interesting to see.

I've never tried okra or kale so I dont know about those, but I dont liked cooked spinach (fresh is good), nor do I like fennel because it tastes like black licorice which I hate, and I also dont like radishes, and not a huge fan of cauliflower.

bethzaring said:
you do not list beets, I intensively dislike beets, beet tops and beet bottoms, I would have voted for beets, so I voted for okra but I am sure that is a technique issue

Dr. Seuss on beets:

I intensively dislike beets,
the're not somthing I eats.
Fron their beetilly tops,
to their beetilly bottoms.
I do not eats beets.
;)

Last edited:
Renee Attili said:
I have tried over and over to like Asparagus, but, whether fresh or canned, it smells like Horse Pee when it is cooking. I just cannot get by that HORRIBLE smell.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I love them all except celery, especially when raw. I love okra, is it because it's slimy that people don't like it?

What is Okra?? I've never heard of it but by the sounds of everyone's comments its not really worth trying. What does it taste like?

Back
Top Bottom