Most disliked Vegetable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Vegetable do you Least Like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must say, for now at least that I am one of those people who are mean to okra... but in return they have never been very nice to my tastebuds either...:dry: Anyhow someone told me here on the board once "unslimy" type of okra indeed exist, which are quite nice. I am willing to give them a chance if I ever find them.

And I am not fond of fennel either.

pdilippa said:
What is Okra?? I've never heard of it but by the sounds of everyone's comments its not really worth trying. What does it taste like?

Okra taste like the most wonderful gulf coast gumbo that I have ever eaten. Okra taste like cornmeal battered and sizzlin in a hot pan of grease. Okra taste like a cajun kabob.

well, I like all on that list assuming they are cooked in ways other than just boiling or steaming the heck out of it...

I like almost all veggies except for Beets!! Yuckypoo. I've tried it so many ways, roasted, fried chips, different colored beets. I want to like it but can't to make that happen.

StirBlue said:
Okra taste like the most wonderful gulf coast gumbo that I have ever eaten. Okra taste like cornmeal battered and sizzlin in a hot pan of grease. Okra taste like a cajun kabob.

{{{{{{{{{StirBlue}}}}}}}}}}:flowers:

Even though I am a born and raised New Englander, I grew up eating okra. Mom used to make a quick stew with lamb, okra, garlic, onion, lemon and tomatos. Yum. My sister, on the other hand, hates it.

mudbug said:
Way up north in Virginia. Grandpere was born in Franklin and his papa Ledien spoke no anglais.

Virginny ..a beautiful state!!!

You a fer piece from Loozana!!

Have you been kidnapped??? :angry:

Does Uncle Bob need to come rescue you Cher':boxing:

mudbug said:
send many braves and many arrows, Oncle Bob. I need me some shrimp and doberge cake.

I'm thinkin a war party might bring to much attention to the rescue...
Uncle Bob come alone...in stealth mode...

Pack ya grip cher'

Uncle Bob on his way...we'll snack on shrimp on the way back...have doberge when we get home...

mudbug said:
Merci bien.
Got my quiet moccasins on (mo' bettah fo' sneaking down da Beltway). Bring da big pirogue-gotta bring my beads.

Let me think...the gulf...the atlantic...to far for pirogue...Besides water to deep..would take a very very long polin stick!!!! Gotta get you back quick...

Uncle Bob said:
Let me think...the gulf...the atlantic...to far for pirogue...Besides water to deep..would take a very very long polin stick!!!! Gotta get you back quick...

true 'dat! jus' pick me up in time for Carnival, eh?

StirBlue said:
So do you have a recipe for doberge cake?

oh yeah this is a veggie place, Got a favorite okra recipe too?

1st question is yes!
2nd question is...not really...several methods of preparing okra..all are favorites in their own respect.

How about you??:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom