Most disliked Vegetable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Vegetable do you Least Like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bucket_of_raw_okra_pods.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful StirBlue...Absolutely Beautiful!!
Just look at all of that dee-lish-ush okra!!

I am going to the freezer and get some out to boil right now!!

Thanks for posting:clap:

Edit: Or maybe I will fry it!!

Last edited:
Stuffed Beets
I'll tell you what you can put there :
  • 3 large beets, halved​
  • 1/2 cup basmati rice
  • 2 shallots, diced
  • 2 tablespoon of olive oil
  • Spices: cinnamon, cardamom, salt, black pepper, etc. to taste​

Stuffed beets are a tasty and delicious centerpiece to any meal. This recipe serves 2-3 people.
I'll tell you what you can do :
Beets are a very underused vegetable in America. In Iraq we even use the leaves to make dolma when we don't have grape leaves! Their color and their sweetness are absolutely wonderful, and they are rich in vitamins and iron. What's wrong with these Americans?
In a large bowl, mix the uncooked rice, shallots, and spices (be generous with the cinnamon!). Set aside.
Now, you've already halved all the beets. Core them with a knife to remove the center, but don't toss them out. We'll use them to cover out stuffed beets. Place a large spoonful of the rice mixture in the center of the beet, and place the "cored" part on top! Remember that the rice will grow when cooked, so DO NOT OVERSTUFF!
Now, for the important part: Coat a medium saucepan with olive oil and place each beet into the saucepan as you finish stuffing them. Stick them as closely together as possible—this will prevent them from coming apart—until your saucepan is stuffed.
Add enough water to cover the beets, and throw in some sea salt. Turn on medium heat until the water starts to bubble, then close with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the flame to simmer. Allow to cook for about 30 minutes.
The wonderful purplish color and smell of beets will delight your guests and family—it's sooo good!​

The only vegetable I've been exposed to that I have NOT found an amenable way to eat is rutabaga.

I am willing to admit that there is a possibility that it could be something that a future date I would be willing to try again, but I'm not looking for any! :LOL:

Some people call rutabaga "yellow turnip," but that's NOT what it really is... :ermm:

the only veggie I am not too fond of is parsnips. mostly I love my veggies!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom