Mother-in-law, Angel Or Witch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WITCH and *witch with a b* LOL

My mother-in-law didn't want to be alone after her husband passed, so she asked my husband (wasn't my husband then) to live with her. I understand that and commend him for doing that. HOWEVER, at the same time, she put her autistic daughter into a state home.

Almost two years ago, we had redone her kitchen and then was going to redo the bathroom. (both were in a very sorry state, really needed it, didn't do anything fancy, just functional). But was still pretty pricey. AND we were going to redo the deck in the back.

Kitchen was DONE, except for sanding and staining the cabinet doors. At this point, my husband had gotten sick, wound up in the hospital later, with pneumonia. Anyway, she wanted me out THAT day, not my husband, just me. I still to this day, do NOT know why she wanted me out. I told her I would NOT leave until everything I owned in that house was out. She ended up before that week even ended, getting an eviction order against us. WONDERFUL, isn't she?

It's two years later, and we still do not know why she kicked us out. When we do see her, she tries to suck up to my husband, he tries to avoid her.

I probably shouldn't have posted this, but I don't care anymore. She isn't worth the time or worry about what is proper or not. And that's sad.

My first mother-in-law was a nut case. She would call and wake me at 3:00 in the morning and say, "It's an emergency. I needed to know if you wanted to go grocery shopping tomorrow." Or, "I knew you'd be up with the baby so I decided to call now." When my husband and I separated she and her husband drove my daughter and me over to my parents' house. Do you think she brought up even once that she would miss her 4-month-old granddaughter? No--she spent the entire trip talking about her constipation and Ex-Lax! The only thing I can say in her favor is that years later, when she was dying, she fell in love with my toddler grandson (her great-grandson) and they had a few months of quality time getting to know each other.

I never got to meet James's mom or dad. His mom got sick Christmas day years ago and died 2 or 3 days after Christmas, and his dad died about 10 years later on Thanksgiving. James has met my dad but my mom died before he had a chance to meet her.

Barbara

Last edited:
My in-laws were farmers (for other people) and dirt poor. They were the best people in the world. I couldn't have picked any one any better..believe me. They were nervous about our going back there ( North Carolina) because I was a city girl..They found out that what they had or didn't have didn't matter. I loved them for who they were.

Back
Top Bottom