Mothering Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
To our friends in the UK. On my calendar for March the 18th, its says Mothering Sunday (UK). Is that like our Mothers day here in the US? Thanks for the information.:)

JoAnn L. said:
To our friends in the UK. On my calendar for March the 18th, its says Mothering Sunday (UK). Is that like our Mothers day here in the US? Thanks for the information.:)

When I was a child ( centuries ago!:rolleyes: ) there wasn't any such thing as Mothering Sunday but I still regarded my Mother as invincible and a woman of faith and strength, humour and love.
Someone looking to make a fortune surely invented Mother's Day? and Father's Day?

Glad you brought this topic up JoAnn. I have a hard time remembering mothers day in the UK even though my husband and his family are all from England. I am just so used to the American mothers day. My husband has no idea when the UK mothers day is, so I guess I'm on top of things this time thanks to you. ;)

i'd guess english greeting card companies are sleeping on this one.

who doesn't want to show their mum a little love, and for only a coupla pence...

buckytom said:
i'd guess english greeting card companies are sleeping on this one.

who doesn't want to show their mum a little love, and for only a coupla pence...

Not in our neck of the woods they're not!

Shops, florists, radio, newspapers, restaurants , garden centres etc. etc all been advertising for weeks now!:)

As are the Easter products which appeared just about the week after Christmas:ohmy: Hot Cross buns can now be bought at any time of the year.:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom