Movie music.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Do you have any favorite music from a movie? The music from "The Exorist" still gives me the chills. For a romantic and tragic movie I love, Andrew LLoyd Webber's, Phantom of the Opera. I also love all of Fred Astaire's movies were he is singing the music of Irving Berlin, George Gershwin and Cole Porter.

I love Laura from the 1944 movie of the same name. The song was only an instrumental in the movie but it became so popular that Johnny Mercer put words to it. After that, it was even more popular.

And, omigawd, the music from Phantom is awesome. If you've seen the play or the movie, you owe it to yourself to read the book,too. Wonderful!!

Katie E said:
I love Laura from the 1944 movie of the same name. The song was only an instrumental in the movie but it became so popular that Johnny Mercer put words to it. After that, it was even more popular.

And, omigawd, the music from Phantom is awesome. If you've seen the play or the movie, you owe it to yourself to read the book,too. Wonderful!!

I forgot about Laura. Beautiful. And another scary one, was the music from "The Spiral Staircase". You just held your breath.

Any movie scores by composer John Williams...

Star Wars
Schindler's List
Indiana Jones
E.T.
Harry Potter
Home Alone
Towering Inferno
The Poseidon Adventure

Is a short short list!

The man is a muscial genius!

Edited to add. The Olympic Fanfare...how could I forget that one.

I agree with John Williams,
but I also like the music in Clint Eastwood's 'spaghetti westerns' scored by Hugo Montenegro.

Bernard Herrmann - most, if not all, the Hitchcock films (Vertigo one of my faves), Psycho, Taxi Driver, Citizen Kane, & on & on.

Last edited:
I love the music from the movie "Glory"

I also love how they used Rachmaninoff's theme based on Paganini for the main music in "Somewhere in Time" (I love classical music!)

Back
Top Bottom