Movies that made you cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There have been a few but the one that stands out in my mind is Life As A House. If you haven't seen it and you need a good cry - this is the one. Kevin Kline is outstanding.

Is that the one with the guy who played Luke Skywalker ( in the newer STARWARS)??

FM, Life as a House is horrible!!!!!!! Jeez, I forgot about that one!! Here is the trailer.
If anyone wants to see a good movie, rent it or buy it. Hayden played Aniken on the new Star Wars.

Last edited:
I'm a real sap when it comes to movies. I cried my heart out at Lassie, Ol Yellar, Nine to Five, Batman, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Shrek....that's why the others don't want me to watch movies with them. I'm actually banned from watching most movies in the house.

Imitation of Life -- its an older one. cried and cried. Many others I can't remember......

That was one of the first that came to mind.

Gone with the Wind
Dances with wolves
Philadelphia
Leaving Las Vegas
City of angels
Wuthering Heights
Somewhere in time
Sleepless in seattle
An affair to remember
Sayonara (another oldie)

All the chick flicks make me cry. I'm sure I'm forgetting many others.

My listing of tear jerkers:

Passion of Christ - This one I could not easily shrugg off my memory
Life is Beautiful
Million Dollar Baby
The English Patient
Dolores Claiborne - Sad and Emotional in a Disturbing way. Not your easy breezy weekend fare
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Roman Holiday
Blood Diamond
Boys Don't Cry
Schindlers List
Sixth Sense
Titanic
Forest Gump
Crash

Roman Holiday, Forrest Gump, made me cry too.

I'm a real sap when it comes to movies. I cried my heart out at Lassie, Ol Yellar, Nine to Five, Batman, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Shrek....that's why the others don't want me to watch movies with them. I'm actually banned from watching most movies in the house.
I remember Driving Miss Daisy . Who can remember every single movie over the years ? :LOL:

Ive never seen my wife cry more, then after watching " The Notebook"

I read the book and cried. I would imagine the same thing would happen if I watched the movie.

However, having said that, I'm a great big softie and a huge crier when watching movies. For example, Buck and I watched Sabrina the other night and cried during parts of it.

That was one of the first that came to mind.

Gone with the Wind
Dances with wolves
Philadelphia
Leaving Las Vegas
City of angels
Wuthering Heights
Somewhere in time
Sleepless in seattle
An affair to remember
Sayonara (another oldie)

All the chick flicks make me cry. I'm sure I'm forgetting many others.
Oooooh, City of Angels! I adore that movie. I've got a thing for guys in long, black coats because of that movie. It still makes me cry. Tragic love stories are the best. There's an old one that has sort of a cult following called "Harold and Maude". It's very quirky but I'm crying and laughing throughout the whole thing. Have you seen it?

Oooooh, City of Angels! I adore that movie. I've got a thing for guys in long, black coats because of that movie. It still makes me cry. Tragic love stories are the best. There's an old one that has sort of a cult following called "Harold and Maude". It's very quirky but I'm crying and laughing throughout the whole thing. Have you seen it?

Are you sure you don't have a crush on The Donald? :ermm::LOL: j/k;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Harold & Maude was hysterical. Well some parts. When she throws the ring in the ocean and says "Now I'll always know where it is." And.. he keeps trying to hang himself to get attention. :LOL:City of angels really got to me. I especially liked the scene where she describes what a pear tastes like. I'm not a huge fan of NC, but he did a great job in that movie as well as Leaving LV.

Last edited:
about the only three that i can think of are: "the green mile", "brian's song", and "snoopy's getting married, charlie brown".

When did Snoopy get married ????!!?!!

For me how much time do you have ? There were tons of 'em.

Beauty and The Beast
The Fox and The Hound
The Lion King
Tarzan
Short Circuit
Steel Magnolias
E.T.

Just to name a few

Back
Top Bottom