Moving again, gonna be offline for awhile....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Probably going to do the bulk of the moving this Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully we'll get it all done. We're currently 2/3 packed as it is, it's just moving the heavy stuff. Gonna have to rent a truck, and find some help.

Once we do get in, we're probably only going to have Dail-up, unless Direct TV has some kind of broadband. This is going to make life interesting, having two pc's. At least I can take the laptop to a few places close-by and log in to a free Wi-Fi node.

Sounds like you're pretty organized and have a battle plan. Yep, as Jeekins says, moving definitely vacuums.:LOL:

LOL. It seems like I've been moving, on average, once every two years for the past 15 or so years. It's not so much a "battle plan", as it is practical experience. The bulk of the stuff I can move by myself. It's the heavy furniture, like the couch, my bed, bookcase, and gun cabinet (no guns in it, though), that I just can't move alone.

LOL. It seems like I've been moving, on average, once every two years for the past 15 or so years. It's not so much a "battle plan", as it is practical experience. The bulk of the stuff I can move by myself. It's the heavy furniture, like the couch, my bed, bookcase, and gun cabinet (no guns in it, though), that I just can't move alone.

Good luck with the move! Direct TV and Dish Network do have broadband plans, but it requires special equipment from them (of course) and it is very expensive.....about twice what cable broadband costs. I take it your moving into an area that cable hasn’t reached yet? I now the feeling since cable only recently made it to my area.

What about DSL with the phone company. It’s cheaper than cable and satellite access, and has decent speed at 512k. But, as with cable, DSL isn’t always in the area.

And moving definitely vacuums!

I’ve actually moved a couch by myself using a dolly, some creative balancing, and lots of baby steps. :wacko:

AllenOK,
If I wasn't still recovering from my heart surgery, I would come over there to BA and give you a hand.

I live SW of Bixby and have Bixby Telephone Co service with DSL, if that helps.

Good luck with the move Allen! Yes, check in when you can. I did the every 2 years moving for about 15 years straight. #1, I don't think another sucker will come along to buy this house so I have to implement #2 - moving pictures/furniture around so I THINK I'm living in a new place! :LOL:

I hope your move goes well and we will see you back shortly. We haven't moved in over 37 years and don't have any idea how long it would take to move all our junk - probably would have to get rid of lots of it. Moving is a good way to keep tidy.

Good luck with the move Allen! Yes, check in when you can. I did the every 2 years moving for about 15 years straight. #1, I don't think another sucker will come along to buy this house so I have to implement #2 - moving pictures/furniture around so I THINK I'm living in a new place! :LOL:
That's so funny Elf - I do that, too! But it upsets the men in my house. It seems they really don't "see" their surroundings as they walk through, so any change in furniture arrangement results in bruised shins and foul language.:LOL:

FM - it bugs the daylights out of my husband too! Once he sees a picture in the bedroom it belongs no other place!!!!! :LOL:

We're going to be about 4 miles outside of town. I don't know when, or if, cable is going to make it out there. I don't think the phone service is even SBC, or some other phone giant, or I would be looking into DSL. I've done DSL before, so I know what to expect.

It's really "out in the sticks". Although we're in a small residential area, most of the "neighbors" are on farms, with horses, cattle, etc. There's a lake a couple miles away, so I'll have to teach the boy how to fish. Heck, one of my twins has been pestering us about going fishing since he saw one end of the lake.

We don't have enough furniture for all the rooms in this house that we're moving in to. gonna have to stretch things around, or get creative.

It looks like we'll be getting the truck Monday afternoon. I have Monday and Tuesday off, so hopefully I'll get everything over in those days.

Hey, AllenOk, good luck with not running into chiggers, fireants, and other obnoxious critters while you're at it. Moving is so much fun, isn't it? Take time to have a breather, however, and enjoy fishing with your kids. Have fun with them while they are still young--tehy will never forget it.

Back
Top Bottom