Moving Furniture - More Space - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it how it is now. You could get a couple of those door opening fans to try to move the cooler air into the other room.

I was thinking the same thing, Jeekinz. It looks great now! I think you've done an awesome job with the space you have. The windows are wonderful. Really, I don't think you could improve on your set-up much except to have a couple of smaller desks, as you said. I understand Nick not wanting to give them up, though. Is there a relative that could store them for you until you get a bigger place?

Or maybe, could ya'll pare down the things you keep on the desktops and (gasp) share one desk? Then maybe you could store the other one. If you did that, you could hang some attractive, open shelves to hold some of the desk things but not take up valuable floor space.

Really? I'm not sure why I feel the need to move things around. I just love change in a space and I can't do much changing other than moving things around. Change makes it feel like a whole new space.. plus I want to feel like I have a "living room". I think the curtain idea is neat and I'm willing to try it. Curtains are pretty cheap.

I don't think I'm happy with the idea as having my dining table beside the couch and the couch beside massive desks.

The living room in the second post has more guest appeal, doesn't it? We love having people over.

I Have actually been thinking of buying a smaller desk just for me and letting him keep his monster and storing the one I use. Wait a second, this has my wheels turning.

If I do that, he might feel bad that hes using the monster compared to my dinky desk and might downgrade till we move.. lol

Sharing the desk though.. I could run that by him. He likes having a nice open space on his desk, but he just finished his Bachelors so he doesnt need it to study anymore.. and we COULD buy shelving for the printer. The only problem would be our speakers.. we both have 6-speaker systems for our computers. And we would have to take off the bottom keyboard thing that rolls out and use the desktop which is pretty high.

Lose a desk and bring that chair back to the livingroom. Or try to fit the computers in the bedroom somewhere. I got sick of all that desktop PC crapola at home and bought us laptops. No printer, no 10 bazillion cables and junk, no CD's all over the place. LOL I used to do some freelance graphic art from home, what a disaster it was.

We have a laptop and desktop PC each. Both of us just finished school within the last year and they were required. I also travel alot and like to bring my laptop along.

If I wasn't a gamer I would just be happy with a laptop.

I think I will run that by him. Get rid of a monster and get myself a smaller one.

Saphellae, I think getting those desks out of immediate sight would be a really good idea...maybe they could go where you have the bed suggested (behind the curtain) and your curtained-off area could be a little "study." Then, at least, you would have one neat area that is uncluttered. Is there are chance that you could just store those enormous desks somewhere until you have a bigger place?

I'd love to store them, but Nick doesn't want to put down the money to buy cheapies till we get a bigger place. He just shot down that idea. I think dedicating the small room to the dining table and the desks is my only option, because right now its just so tight everywhere.

Just looked at your picture again...you could even swing that couch around, use it as a way to divide the room, and put a folding screen behind it, or a sofa table covered with tall, leafy plants. Plants would do great there.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by swinging it around? If I use it to divide the room with either the desks or the bed in the main room, I won't be able to use the chairs because they will block the way to the back of the room (to the desks or the bed).

And if I do that, with the desks in the room, I won't be able to put the dining table there either because there wont be room for the tv or the table.

I just came up with this, let me know what you think compared to the second post on the first page:

img_602922_0_1ebbaa613329f3aa267d8e5ba412d9a3.jpg

Of course, you're right! You just don't have very much space there, do you? Might be better to ignore my suggestions: I always flunk that part of the IQ test that has to do with spatial perception.

I think I like this idea that I just posted. I'll just run it by Nick. We'll have to spend a bit of money on curtains but thats about it. I'll buy some new decorations if I do this one. I like the idea of having a little sitting area when you first come in, with the dining room table. Also the idea of having an entertainment room.

We also have a tv to sit on top of the dressers, so if we have more people over we can open the curtains and draw up the two armchairs and then we have the huge bed as a seating area and the chairs.

Otherwise the couch with the tv in the other room will do fine I think. I'm going to design it in the Sims2 and see how it looks.

You know The Sims was actually started to be a design tool :p

Back
Top Bottom