Moving to Italy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
What a day! My husband had an interview this morning in London, this afternoon they ask him if he can start Monday......in Milano!

Phew, well, I won't be able to get our place packed up for a couple of weeks, and our cats are only half way through getting their passports, but its very exciting.....and daunting!

Well....I better put a thread in places to eat....LOL

I remember that urmaniac lives in Rome, any other Italians?:)

Wow, thats great! The only Italian I know on here is Urmaniac as you mentioned. Should be interesting for your husband to arrive in Italy a day after they win the world cup :ohmy: I'm running now, dont want anyone from France to beat me up :LOL: Just light hearted humor people :)

I am not Itallian, but I have been to Italy, and wow what a beautiful country!

That is a very good choice.

:lucky:

E vai, Lulu!!:punk: This is so cool, you will love it in Italy, though to be honest I have never been to Milano. And well, to be really honest I am not Italian either, I just "adopted" this country as mine a little more than 3 years ago:-p but I am ever so happy to have done so!! I tell you though, you will learn so much about the "real" Italian food and Italian cooking, which is in reality so different from what it is considered abroad. You will probably find out at the same time the word "Italian cuisine" is rather vague really, as it is so diverse depending on the region, be it from Sicily (Semi-tropical mediterranean) or Trentino (Italian Alps) or anywhere in between. Absorb and learn all you can, it will be an amazing experience!!

Anyway another member RDG is an authentic Italian, proper Milanese at that, too!! So he will surely be able to help you with all that he knows. If there is anything I can be of help though, don't hesitate to ask me!!

In bocca al lupo!! (Good luck in Italian:) )

Monday... that's short notice. Bet you love the place. All those absolutely fabulous restaurants, all that fine quality produce you can cook yourself. All the history, culture, style... You are bound to have a good time.

Me, green? Envy? Well now you come to mention it...

Snoop Puss said:
Monday... that's short notice. ...

You're telling me, lol!

My husband has had to go to Saville Row to order another suit this morning. he had one "interview suit" and a couple of standbys, but now will need another decent one, and wants an English rather than Italian one. But obviously, I will need to pick it up when its done, they say they can cope without refitting it. And the firm's "partners club" has sent me a list of partner's dos, so I will have to make sure I go to the hairdresser for the firt time in, ooohhh, a year? so I look ok, and it is such a change. I still can't believe my husband is going to own a saville row suit when the fanciest thing he could find to wear when we got married was a pair of gap jeans that were clean and an old velvet blazer, LOL.

I am SO excited. I have to find out about travelling with my cats though...and trust my husband to find somewhere thats nice to live (I think women are better at choosing homes...)

What does your husband do that they grabbed him so quickly and have a position for him right away?
What luck! Congratulations. You will just love Milano and the food there! Very nice and delicate!
I have a dear friend who lives there and let me tell you the people of Milan are very prowd of being from Milan. They think they have the best food and are the real sophisticated true Italians!
I do think the food is sensational also!

Last edited:
Hi, lulu, it will be a pleasure to give you the welcome in my town....
For everything you think to need, don't esitate: call me. How long do you think to stay in Milano?
In front of London, Milano is a very little town, but we like to consider it as the most interesting and active in Italy. The only one in the world, in which people are running on movable stairs....:cool: (Do you know that on movable stairs, in a lot of places, there are cards recommending to stay on right?). You have only to think about what you want find: story? since 1000 a.C to now, you can find something.
Art? From Leonardo (Last Supper) to Michelangelo, to modern art, nearly everything is present. Countries? fifty km, and you arrive on lakes, or mountains, 130 and you are on sea.
Perhaps...shopping? Good period, indeed: since the first of July, it's a ...how do you call? selling period with low prices? But, if you like better....Via della Spiga, Via Montenapoleone, Corso Vittorio Emanuele...all is opened for you. Of course, may be you have to pay only because you have opened the door.... What Kitchen You like? Here you will find it. Restaurants from 10 to 200 €. I have been in London, and here is just a bit different. I suggest you to ask me, before going to try a restaurant. May be I could avoid some bad experience.
Is it clear I love my town?:) And I'll be glad, if I and you have time enough, to offer you a welcome aperitif when you will be here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom