Mrs. Claus' 2014 production is complete!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Well, over the last several months I've kept my knitting needles sparking, my sewing machines humming and my tool box and paint supplies busy. Now, as they say in these here parts, "It's all over but the shoutin'!"

The end result: Three American Girl doll outfits, some kitchen towels, a mug "caddy," and a pair of doll beds.

I already mentioned the doll beds in some earlier posts but now they're finished and look better than "normal," which is a good thing based on how they looked when I bought them at Goodwill.

The doll outfits included a knitted sweater and matching skirt, a plaid taffeta party dress with satin top and matching plaid/gold bolero jacket and, thirdly, a flannel nightgown with matching quilt and pillow.

The towels were made for my mother-in-law and as long as I had some fabric leftover, I made her a chair-side mug "caddy" to hold her pens/pencils, nail file, remote, etc.

And, finally, the doll beds are for two of our granddaughters. I tightened them up, painted them, customized them with names, clear coated them and "dressed" them up with dust ruffles, tufted mattresses, ruffle-edged pillows, and blankets bound with satin binding. Allllll done.....

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 002 - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 006 - Copy.jpg
    006 - Copy.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 004 - Copy.jpg
    004 - Copy.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 169
Wow! I've been lucky to finish enough granny slippers for my guests to wear today. That took me weeks. Love the knitted dress! Adorable!

Back
Top Bottom