"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #31
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I must be the oddball in the group. We've only ever owned one TV and it's never been in the kitchen. The current TV is three rooms away.
Not the only one - we don't have one either. Maybe it's a cultural thing, cos I don't know anyone who has.

Although, I must admit that I often leave the TV in the lounge on while I'm in the kitchen, and pop through if it sounds interesting

Old 07-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I love a kitchen tv!
I just wish mine would play something other than SpongeBob......
what you're not inspired by spongebob?????????what is wrong with you, SQ???? I've gotten so much inspiration (rhymes with aspiration as in choking) from this show....ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I should go to bed now and be quiet......hard to do........

Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I must be the oddball in the group. We've only ever owned one TV and it's never been in the kitchen. The current TV is three rooms away. Haven't missed not having one in the kitchen. Guess Buck and I didn't need one because we entertained each other when we prepared meals together. Our "much needed" kitchen electronic is the radio. Sometimes when a favorite song would come on, we'd drop our prep tools/knives and dance.
I've never had one in the kitchen either, Katie, but I'm starting to feel deprived now! Roadfix's setup is looking pretty fabulous to me. And I already have a HAVA (just like a Slingbox Pro) so I could do it. (OK, not one that size yet - hubby just got laid off.) Do ya'll think it would make my kids want to help clean up in the kitchen more if they could watch TV? My mind is racing at the possibilities. Why have I never thought of this before????
Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #34
Master Chef

oh, I'm sorry to hear that FM, and your hubby being laid off.........don't know about the kids helping more with a tv........my daughter is a total slackard........love her to death but she's no help whatsoever though she's as smart as can be.........and I don't fool myself about her.......my son on the other hand is a big help.....and looks out for our place while we're over here....so life balances out.........guess who's going to be left in the will???? and it's well worth waiting around for....hahaha
Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #35
Master Chef

I forgot to add my granddaughter's comment on life........."jest kidding"
Old 07-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #36
Head Chef

No TV in my kitchen, or in the bedroom, for that matter. I watch about an hour a day, usually when I am folding laundry, riding the exercise bike or doing some other sit down chore.

NPR all the way for me.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #37
Head Chef

I'd love to have one in the kitchen.
I usually have the food network on in the living room, so when I hear something that sounds good, I run in and watch.
My brother just installed one in his bathroom in front of the commode
Old 07-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #38
Executive Chef

no question, our smallest tv with the least channels is the most watched kitchen counter flat screen. Our least watched with the best sound and bigest picture is the HD flatscreen in the living room. Go figure!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

my grown son is certainly a child of the media. he has three tvs and a stereo player out by his pool. tv are usually each on a different sporting event, with no sound. the only sound is the music from c.d.

he has a flat screen in living room and a tv in his office. a little overkill i think.

babe