Much needed kitchen item

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love a kitchen tv!
I just wish mine would play something other than SpongeBob......

I must be the oddball in the group. We've only ever owned one TV and it's never been in the kitchen. The current TV is three rooms away. Haven't missed not having one in the kitchen. Guess Buck and I didn't need one because we entertained each other when we prepared meals together. Our "much needed" kitchen electronic is the radio. Sometimes when a favorite song would come on, we'd drop our prep tools/knives and dance.

Katie, I'd probably be better off if I were more like you!

:)Barbara
P.S. I'm glad you dropped the knives before you danced!

:)
Actually I just pulled out my wireless Sony TV it's tiny the screen is only 5"x7" and it is suppossed to do the internet as well. I just wish the sound was a bit louder and I have yet to see if it really doe's works on public wireless internet. It should pick up my on my router but I just can't figure it out.

I had cable run into the kitchen, which shares a wall with my home office, when we got cable Internet access, at least 6-7 years ago. Love it - DH likes shoot-em-ups with lots of explosions, while I generally like .. uh ... calmer entertainment, at least while cooking ;) Love having a TV in the kitchen.

I must be the oddball in the group. We've only ever owned one TV and it's never been in the kitchen. The current TV is three rooms away.

Not the only one - we don't have one either. Maybe it's a cultural thing, cos I don't know anyone who has.

Although, I must admit that I often leave the TV in the lounge on while I'm in the kitchen, and pop through if it sounds interesting :)

I love a kitchen tv!
I just wish mine would play something other than SpongeBob......

what you're not inspired by spongebob?????????what is wrong with you, SQ???? I've gotten so much inspiration (rhymes with aspiration as in choking) from this show....ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I should go to bed now and be quiet......hard to do........

I must be the oddball in the group. We've only ever owned one TV and it's never been in the kitchen. The current TV is three rooms away. Haven't missed not having one in the kitchen. Guess Buck and I didn't need one because we entertained each other when we prepared meals together. Our "much needed" kitchen electronic is the radio. Sometimes when a favorite song would come on, we'd drop our prep tools/knives and dance.
I've never had one in the kitchen either, Katie, but I'm starting to feel deprived now!:ohmy: Roadfix's setup is looking pretty fabulous to me. And I already have a HAVA (just like a Slingbox Pro) so I could do it. (OK, not one that size yet - hubby just got laid off.) Do ya'll think it would make my kids want to help clean up in the kitchen more if they could watch TV? My mind is racing at the possibilities. Why have I never thought of this before????:LOL:

oh, I'm sorry to hear that FM, and your hubby being laid off.........don't know about the kids helping more with a tv........my daughter is a total slackard........love her to death but she's no help whatsoever though she's as smart as can be.........and I don't fool myself about her.......my son on the other hand is a big help.....and looks out for our place while we're over here....so life balances out.........guess who's going to be left in the will???? and it's well worth waiting around for....hahaha

No TV in my kitchen, or in the bedroom, for that matter. I watch about an hour a day, usually when I am folding laundry, riding the exercise bike or doing some other sit down chore.

NPR all the way for me.

I'd love to have one in the kitchen.
I usually have the food network on in the living room, so when I hear something that sounds good, I run in and watch.
My brother just installed one in his bathroom in front of the commode:ROFLMAO:

no question, our smallest tv with the least channels is the most watched kitchen counter flat screen. Our least watched with the best sound and bigest picture is the HD flatscreen in the living room. Go figure!

my grown son is certainly a child of the media. he has three tvs and a stereo player out by his pool. tv are usually each on a different sporting event, with no sound. the only sound is the music from c.d.

he has a flat screen in living room and a tv in his office. a little overkill i think.

babe:cool:

Back
Top Bottom