Mudbug's Hot Tub for Refined Ladies Who are Kind to Animals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix, you're a peach. And I promise, I'll be a good boy.

Here's that key lime pie I promised. It's made with real key limes and is so very potent, yet ballanced. And the Cheesecake came out great. The ganache is made with a combination of semi-sweet, and premium milk chocolate, with a beasutiful cream blended in. See how smooth it is? Wait 'till you taste it. And for being so gracious, I brought this oversize pecan pie. I tried it for the first time last fall and swore I would never make it again as it was just too tempting for me to stay away from. So please keep it away from me. But I promise, it's a phenominal recipe.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
I know you will. A little whipped cream on that pie for you? *fwoooooooooooooosh* Oops. Sorry Goodweed!

alix, i know gw talks a lot, but i think he's diabetic. all of that sugar in the whipped cream will make him go into shock. did you have to spray it in his mouth?

i'm not giving him cpr, no matter what you say. it's like the guy that gets bit on his you-know-what by a snake.
doc says you're done for. :)

It was an ACCIDENT!! And I made it myself, itsthe sugar free stuff...he seems to be doing OK, look, he's smiling.

Goodweed? You OK? Sorry about that! Hey, do you have the recipe for that pecan pie anywhere? I am looking for a good one.

Strange, my wife did that to me during our first year of marriage. And my first girlfreind in San Diego (before I met my wife of course) girst got my attention by hitting me in the ear with a snowball while I was standing in a lift line at Snow Sumit ski resort in California. What is it about women picking on us docile, humble men?:rolleyes:

In any case, maybe I deserved that for all of the tricks in the last week or two. And I'll give you this truly grand recipe.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodweed of the North said:
And my first girlfreind in San Diego (before I met my wife of course) girst got my attention by hitting me in the ear with a snowball while I was standing in a lift line at Snow Sumit ski resort in California.

I have a similar story about Alix...except her aim was a little....how shall we say...lower. :wacko: . And then there was the time she pushed me in front of a snowplow at Lake Louise.....:mad:

Ken said:
I have a similar story about Alix...except her aim was a little....how shall we say...lower. :wacko: . And then there was the time she pushed me in front of a snowplow at Lake Louise.....:mad:

You have two lovely daughters...I don't think the snowball did any permanent damage. And hey, it was cold, which would have helped with taking the pain away! And the snowplow driver missed you!

OK, enough of THAT. I have some reese's bars I need to get rid of, any takers? I'm brewing a pot of jasmine tea too.

Alix said:
You have two lovely daughters...I don't think the snowball did any permanent damage. And hey, it was cold, which would have helped with taking the pain away! And the snowplow driver missed you!

OK, enough of THAT. I have some reese's bars I need to get rid of, any takers? .

Everyone just back off, they're mine!:w00t2: See ya in 3 1/2 hours Cutie!

Yay! just noticed that someone gave this thread a 5-star rating.

Quite right, too. Thanks, whoever you are (probably Goodweed - he's a little envious of all the luxury over here).

Lotsa Barolo wine and some lovely cheeses here tonight, ladies. Get those dinners on the table for the family and then ditch them for the tub.

And boy do I need a soak tonight Mud! Have been running around all day with kids to/from school, football practice, soccer practice and ice skating rink. Pour me a glass of Barolo, would you please? Ahhhhhh, this feels nice.

Nope. It wasn't me giving stars away. The only stars I ever gave were to 5 & six year olds in a Sunday School class I taught, you know, the little sticky stars that you put on their cute little foreheads. I'm just not a guy who enjoys a lot of luxury. I find it boring. I like spontaneity and action. How do you think I stay in such great shape (at least in cyberspace). I still love to go faster than is sensible down snow covered hills, and ride in fast boats, on fast motorcycles (but only on trails and in the sand pits. I am a law-abiding citizen) and fondly remember the dugout canoe ride down a wild river in the Phillipines, the Navy Jet ride, with acrobatics (that pilot was glad he had barf-bags on the jet:LOL: ), and a few rides where I was towed behind a hot smowmobile that you wouldn't believe, and if you had seen them, would wonder how I'm still alive.

Life has been exciting for me for fifty years, from climbing and falling out of trees, to organizing my communities first cardboard sled races, and riding the first piece of cardboard down the hill, surfboard style, standing up all the way.

Yes, I know I'm just a bit crazy (did I say just a bit?) I wish all of you could see videos of the hair-raising stunts I've been a part of. Have you ever skied on icy roads, towed by a moving car and wearing nothing but hard-soled shoes? It gets real tricky at 40 mph, especially if the ice sudenly turns to bare asphalt. And that ride on a single water ski (it was a toy calle "Snurfer"), with a rope attached to the front tip, standing up and going 200feet down the steepest side of the Big Pit gravel pit. I still am the only person among my peers that did that one:mrgreen: .

There. I've given you a small sampling of my adventures. Believe me, I couldn't fit all of them onto a 200 page book. And if I did, no one would believe me, except those who shared them with me.

Now you know why only incredible food can draw me to your party, and then only for a very short time. I would find it extremely boring. Not that any of you ladies are boring, just that what you are doing wouldn't tickle my sense of, erm, adventure. But I tip my hat to you. If you like luxury, then your place is certainly the finest on the planet. It's just not my cup of tea. I commend you on your efforts.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Lou and I are off to the hot tub right now.... we nibbled on bits of this and that, had a few beverages, the moon looks gorgeous...

move over everyone, here we come. We have more beverages with us, and the peach upside down cake is sitting in the dining room. Go help yourselves.

I really need to come in here (even if it's virtually) and get a foot massage and a back rub! *Slipping into the tub.* Huh!!!! Where are those wonderful waiters? There you are sweetie. Would you get me a glass of wine?

Ok, I have been admiring the warmth, friendship, and the spoils, it is about time for me to come in and join you guys! Err, um, gals!!! So if one of ya can scooch on over for me, I would like to join ya!!! And I would like a glass of wine too when you bring Dina's!

OHHHH, I can do massages too, I learned from the best!!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, sattie, can I get a message when I get back??? I am about to blast off for three days of poking around dusty ole libraries and will surely enjoy a massage then. Yes, there certainly is room for you. Have fun and see yall when I get back!!!

Vera, Dina and sattie, come on in - the water temp is perfect with just the right amount of bubbles, as you probably already know.

Weed, we all admire your exploits past and present, and don't mind if you find our pastime boring. We have plenty of adventure outside of this hallowed tub, but we all need a sanctuary where we can kick off the high heels of motherhood, careers, chauffering kids, and cleaning up after (insert nemesis here).

In this idyllic setting, we are free to indulge ourselves in any way our pretty little heads want to wander. So there.

I believe I am quite ready for a nice evening of being waited on.

Ah Mud! Don't we all (mothers with or without careers) need some pampering? It's so relaxing to just sit down alone, with a glass of wine, and come in here for a bit and relax.

I hear you, Dina. I submit that the guys need pampering too and that we are quite happy to oblige when necessary, but as I said way back when Goodweed started this whole thing - sometimes it's best just to be with your own kind.

Nothing against the other species of humankind, just fact.

Hiya!
I've got a headache, so I think a soak would be just the thing I need. That, and perhaps some nice music.
I brought my little ceramic fragrance oil heater thingy. I put pumpkin pie scented oil in it. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom