"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #161
Everymom

Heck, celebrate for at least a week! *pass the cake please*

Old 08-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #162
Hospitality Queen

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
so THIS is what happens when I go to Vegas: you start the party without me!
That's okay, because I brought you all some gifts:
a relaxing CD
perfume for all of you
candles that burn for 5 days at a time (they smell like white flowers too)
this amazing moisturizer that makes you look radiant
freshly made butter croissants

I've also brought along "Queer Eye"s Carson Kressley, who will be bringing us all clothing from Ralph Lauren's fall line

Oh, and these new drinks I've been sipping on: iced tea with lemon and a shot of the best brandy. I've even put little parasols in them.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:36 AM   #163
Chef Extraordinaire

did i just see one of the fab five chasing goodweed around with a parasol?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:46 AM   #164
Hospitality Queen

Indeed you did, buckytom.

You may want to stick around - Ted Allen will be making one of his famous dishes in a few minutes. However (looking around), there may be someone watching, so, just in case, put this on (Hands bucky a lovely flowered chiffon dress with matching pumps). Hey, if Jack Lemmon can do it, so can you.
Oh, and here's a tea with brandy for you.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:00 AM   #165
Chef Extraordinaire

"why, thank you " (in homer falsetto)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #166
Master Chef

Goodweed, with cat-like reflexes quickly spins, and brushes aside the parasol with his right arm while grasping the starched lapel of his attaker. He uses his opponants inertia against him as continues the spin into the classic judo throw, Horiah Goshee (sp). Goodweed throws the unfortunate, parasol wielding bodygaurd through the air and into the pool, and then executes a perfect forward somersault and comes to his feet. In spite of themselves, the women laugh and clap their hands in appreciation of a well executed throw. The attaker swims to the pool's edge and climbs out. He shakes Goodweed's hand and says, "Senior, I salute your fighting skill. I must take lessons from you." and walks back to the house for a change of dry clothes. Goodweed takes three running steps, does a front-flip, lands on the run and salutes the hot-tub as he makes his escape. The women hear a valiant, "I'll be back!" as he sprints from the property, and into a waiting Porsche, Turbo Careera GT and speeds away.

"Who is that Goodweed?" sighs one of the women breathlessly.
"A real man, a man of the That greatest Greatest Lake far away in the harsh North Country, where only real men can survive." answers another.

Hey, this is a virtual world. I can be whatever I want.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #167
Executive Chef

Quote:
Amazing that you mentioned that...whenever I look in the mirror to fix my makeup after getting out of the hot tub, I see the identical face and body of Gisele looking back at me.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #168
Everymom

OK you guys, you just made me spew coffee all over the monitor! Cut that out!

I'm slipping in for a little relaxation, I think I may have strained my knee a bit at work last night and I have a few bruises too. Phooey! *slipping into the water* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Jkath, these candles are lovely, thanks.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #169
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Goodweed, with cat-like reflexes quickly spins, and brushes aside the parasol with his right arm while grasping the starched lapel of his attaker. He uses his opponants inertia against him as continues the spin into the classic judo throw, Horiah Goshee (sp). Goodweed throws the unfortunate, parasol wielding bodygaurd through the air and into the pool, and then executes a perfect forward somersault and comes to his feet. In spite of themselves, the women laugh and clap their hands in appreciation of a well executed throw. The attaker swims to the pool's edge and climbs out. He shakes Goodweed's hand and says, "Senior, I salute your fighting skill. I must take lessons from you." and walks back to the house for a change of dry clothes. Goodweed takes three running steps, does a front-flip, lands on the run and salutes the hot-tub as he makes his escape. The women hear a valiant, "I'll be back!" as he sprints from the property, and into a waiting Porsche, Turbo Careera GT and speeds away.

"Who is that Goodweed?" sighs one of the women breathlessly.
"A real man, a man of the That greatest Greatest Lake far away in the harsh North Country, where only real men can survive." answers another.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed

Old 08-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #170
Chef Extraordinaire

LOL, Weed. OK, we can give as good as we get. I'll start.........

Scott and Steve, hovering protectively, are all taut attention. Mudbug, of the luxuriant hair, creamy complexion, and with well-toned muscles in all the right places, casually ignores their concern and executes a perfect jackknife dive off the diving board into the pool. She surfaces, swims quickly to the side of the pool, and is out in a flash, all dripping magnificence. Scott and Steve catch their breath. Pepe almost stumbles with the tray of drinks he is carrying.

"Hi, girls! Anything happening?"

"Not much."