"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #271
Hospitality Queen

ummmm, fridge is empty
(okay, so I got hungry at 3am....)

Old 09-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #272
Executive Chef

Check again jkath. I've been out shopping all day, and you ladies will find a nice surprise in the fridge. I bought lobsters, clams, mussells, new potatoes, corn on the cob, and blueberry pie. Someone needs to cook this because I'm pooped from the shopping. Anyone up to it? I know it's getting late, but hey, it's a holiday weekend so we can all stay up late right? Who's got the beverages?

Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #273
Master Chef

Allright men. When the light turns green, we'll be over the drop zone. You did so very well in your hang-glider training. Got the water balloon bombs ready? What's that, 1 minute to drop zone? Thanks Jack.

The swimmers radioed in that they're on deck and hidden, and that they're undetected. They have the super soakers filled with green slime. I'll jump first. The rest of you follow me in. There's gonna be some suprized ladies tonight.

There's the light. As soon as the rear loading ramp is lowered, we go. One, two, three, seeeeeeeya over the hot tub.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #274
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
I made one of those mexican layered dips with cream cheese, guacamole, salsa, bacon, olives, cheese and refried beans if anyone wants that too.
Wow, you can still have bubbles even when you turn jacuzzi jets off....
Old 09-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #275
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Wow, you can still have bubbles even when you turn jacuzzi jets off....
Ken, remove thyself from the hot tub.

Boys, sorry to ruin your surprise attack, but we've all relocated to the kitchen.

Amber, I've started with the blueberry pie and it is marvelous! Is that a sour cream layer on the bottom?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 AM   #276
Master Chef

Pie? Did someone say pie?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #277
Head Chef

It isn't just pie its beautiful pie. I love American pies - this is my first blueberry pie ever!

Now, I have with me this time some beautiful little Sicilan marzipan fruits, dig in Girls. They are delicious, but such works of art that it's kind of hard to take the first bite....
Old 09-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #278
Hospitality Queen

Michael, feel free to have some pie. Lulu, the marzipan fruits are amazing....but they're too cute to...............*chomp*.....I guess they're not too cute to eat!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #279
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Michael, feel free to have some pie. Lulu, the marzipan fruits are amazing....but they're too cute to...............*chomp*.....I guess they're not too cute to eat!
Blueberry Pie! Hey! how come MIchael gets blueberry pie. I'll be good, honest. Now if you'd said blueberry pie in the beginning, well, all of this misunderstanding would have been avoided. Any seedless raspberry pie around. I'll contibute an authentic Key Lime pie that's to die for, and a New York Cheesecake with ganache.

I'll even make up some fo my egg rolls with pineapple sweet & sour sauce, and maybe some tempura shrimp with lemon sweet & sour sauce. Whadaya say? Is it a truce? And I promise not to lecture, just laugh, be hospitable, and make myself somone great to have around (though that's what I was trying to do before, just in a different, more playfull way). Oh, and I've been an animal lover since birth.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #280
Everymom

Well why didn't you say that in the first place Goodweed! Bring on the cheesecake and egg rolls. Heres some blueberry pie, and theres some saskatoon pie too, much better than the blueberry. Come on in, the water is fine. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! (I made the pie with splenda just for you )