"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #291
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
And boy do I need a soak tonight Mud! Have been running around all day with kids to/from school, football practice, soccer practice and ice skating rink. Pour me a glass of Barolo, would you please? Ahhhhhh, this feels nice.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #292
Master Chef

Talking

Nope. It wasn't me giving stars away. The only stars I ever gave were to 5 & six year olds in a Sunday School class I taught, you know, the little sticky stars that you put on their cute little foreheads. I'm just not a guy who enjoys a lot of luxury. I find it boring. I like spontaneity and action. How do you think I stay in such great shape (at least in cyberspace). I still love to go faster than is sensible down snow covered hills, and ride in fast boats, on fast motorcycles (but only on trails and in the sand pits. I am a law-abiding citizen) and fondly remember the dugout canoe ride down a wild river in the Phillipines, the Navy Jet ride, with acrobatics (that pilot was glad he had barf-bags on the jet ), and a few rides where I was towed behind a hot smowmobile that you wouldn't believe, and if you had seen them, would wonder how I'm still alive.

Life has been exciting for me for fifty years, from climbing and falling out of trees, to organizing my communities first cardboard sled races, and riding the first piece of cardboard down the hill, surfboard style, standing up all the way.

Yes, I know I'm just a bit crazy (did I say just a bit?) I wish all of you could see videos of the hair-raising stunts I've been a part of. Have you ever skied on icy roads, towed by a moving car and wearing nothing but hard-soled shoes? It gets real tricky at 40 mph, especially if the ice sudenly turns to bare asphalt. And that ride on a single water ski (it was a toy calle "Snurfer"), with a rope attached to the front tip, standing up and going 200feet down the steepest side of the Big Pit gravel pit. I still am the only person among my peers that did that one .

There. I've given you a small sampling of my adventures. Believe me, I couldn't fit all of them onto a 200 page book. And if I did, no one would believe me, except those who shared them with me.

Now you know why only incredible food can draw me to your party, and then only for a very short time. I would find it extremely boring. Not that any of you ladies are boring, just that what you are doing wouldn't tickle my sense of, erm, adventure. But I tip my hat to you. If you like luxury, then your place is certainly the finest on the planet. It's just not my cup of tea. I commend you on your efforts.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #293
Executive Chef

Lou and I are off to the hot tub right now.... we nibbled on bits of this and that, had a few beverages, the moon looks gorgeous...

move over everyone, here we come. We have more beverages with us, and the peach upside down cake is sitting in the dining room. Go help yourselves.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #294
Executive Chef

I really need to come in here (even if it's virtually) and get a foot massage and a back rub! *Slipping into the tub.* Huh!!!! Where are those wonderful waiters? There you are sweetie. Would you get me a glass of wine?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #295
Master Chef

Ok, I have been admiring the warmth, friendship, and the spoils, it is about time for me to come in and join you guys! Err, um, gals!!! So if one of ya can scooch on over for me, I would like to join ya!!! And I would like a glass of wine too when you bring Dina's!

OHHHH, I can do massages too, I learned from the best!!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:52 AM   #296
Executive Chef

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, sattie, can I get a message when I get back??? I am about to blast off for three days of poking around dusty ole libraries and will surely enjoy a massage then. Yes, there certainly is room for you. Have fun and see yall when I get back!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #297
Chef Extraordinaire

Vera, Dina and sattie, come on in - the water temp is perfect with just the right amount of bubbles, as you probably already know.

Weed, we all admire your exploits past and present, and don't mind if you find our pastime boring. We have plenty of adventure outside of this hallowed tub, but we all need a sanctuary where we can kick off the high heels of motherhood, careers, chauffering kids, and cleaning up after (insert nemesis here).

In this idyllic setting, we are free to indulge ourselves in any way our pretty little heads want to wander. So there.

I believe I am quite ready for a nice evening of being waited on.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #298
Executive Chef

Ah Mud! Don't we all (mothers with or without careers) need some pampering? It's so relaxing to just sit down alone, with a glass of wine, and come in here for a bit and relax.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #299
Chef Extraordinaire

I hear you, Dina. I submit that the guys need pampering too and that we are quite happy to oblige when necessary, but as I said way back when Goodweed started this whole thing - sometimes it's best just to be with your own kind.

Nothing against the other species of humankind, just fact.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #300
Hospitality Queen

Hiya!
I've got a headache, so I think a soak would be just the thing I need. That, and perhaps some nice music.
I brought my little ceramic fragrance oil heater thingy. I put pumpkin pie scented oil in it. What do you think?