"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #71
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
This is what happens while I'm away?! You all seem to be having too much fun. Can I join in? Pepe? Juan? Steve? May I have a piña colada, por favor? Gracias chicos!

Old 08-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #72
Master Chef

Ahh, i'm just kidding. I'm about as harmless as you can get. The balloons weren't resting in an ice-bucket all day. The water's fairly warm, about the same temp as our lake water is. And I wasn't really gonna throw the balloons anyway. I just snuck over to invite you women to come and join us around the campfire, sing a few songs, and then fuss at you to get back to your pampered surroundings before we really would have to get out the iced water balloons, but only after you got to enjoy a hot dog on a stick, cooked in a perfect bon-fire, followed by s'mores of course. And if that's not worth ruining a manicure over, well, I just don't know what to say.

Send the sissy-boys home and hang out with the real men for a short time. I'll even let my wife come, for that same short time as the rest of you. After all, this is supposed to be a time to let loose all societal trappings.

(I only pretend to be cheauvanistic. It's a fun act to play with my daughters and wife, who know me way too well. )

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #73
Chef Extraordinaire

Harmless, Weed? I think not. I just read your latest suggestion on the "For Guys Only" thread. Although innocent-sounding, I don't believe I will trust you farther than I can throw you and your tackle box.

You are, however, allowed to attempt to impress us.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #74
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
I think that is a great idea! He can take Aidan & Callum too.
Then Riley can have some other boys to play with instead of only seeing his sisters! Great.
Can I have a very small Krug and some smoked salmon please? Its lovely to be here again, thanks ladies.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #75
Chef Extraordinaire

Forgive me, mrsmac, corazon, and other ladies with small children and babies. Naturally we have child care here. Your darlings will be cared for by registered nurses with advanced degrees in early childhood development, who also know about balloons and mud pies.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #76
Head Chef

Thankyou so much Mudbug, this is the ultimate mother's/ladies retreat. You are very generous to share it with us, I am particularly enjoying the break from our cold winter weather
Old 08-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #77
Executive Chef

MrsMac, what is this
Quote:
very small
Krug of which you speak? I've never had a 'very small' Krug.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #78
Chef Extraordinaire

Here is a sweet small puppy for you to pet while you relax, mrsmac. You may hand the puppy off to one of the staff when you are ready to do something more energetic like ordering a drink.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #79
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
MrsMac, what is this Krug of which you speak? I've never had a 'very small' Krug.

Normally there would be no very small!! but breastfeeding and large amounts of Krug don't really go together!!!!

Thankyou for the cuddle of the puppy Mud, its beautiful. It reminds me of our dog when she was little and would go to sleep in my shoe (now she just eats my shoe!)
Alas I must leave you ladies and get Erin off to school- its Friday morning here. I won't be back until tonight our time cause DH has to go into hospital to have all the screws, plate and rod taken out of his leg from his motorcycle accident last year. I will certainly need a break by tonight!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #80
Executive Chef

Quote:
DH has to go into hospital to have all the screws, plate and rod taken out of his leg from his motorcycle accident last year.
Wow, what an accident.