Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems most of you are of an older generation and its kind of surprising that I haven't seen anyone say anything about America. Imo, they wrote some of the best folk/rock&roll EVER. Do any of you listen to America?

Are you kidding? Sister Golden Hair Surprise, Horse with No Name, Sandman, You Can Do Magic, Ventura Highway etc.

How about the NGDB? Emmylou Harris?

Country Rock: CDB, Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers, Alabama, CCR, New Riders, PPL etc.

Are you kidding? Sister Golden Hair Surprise, Horse with No Name, Sandman, You Can Do Magic, Ventura Highway etc.

Country Rock: CDB, Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers, Alabama, CCR, New Riders, PPL etc.
+1
Thank you for writing that. :)

CraigC said:

+1 You know what's going on.

Listening right now to the great Van Morrison's 'Tupelo Honey'. Oh, how I love his songs. :)

I love America....and the Eagles....John Denver's CD's are always in my car. :)

I had my retirement all planned out. I was going to do volunteer work for the Boston Symphony and the Boston Ballet Company. That way I could get to see all their performances free. Then life and a downward spiral of health issue came upon me. :)

Addie said:
I had my retirement all planned out. I was going to do volunteer work for the Boston Symphony and the Boston Ballet Company. That way I could get to see all their performances free. Then life and a downward spiral of health issue came upon me. :)

I'm so sorry addie. That sounds like a fantastic way to enjoy the remains of life. I hope it works out for you. :)

+1 to silversun pickups
Cool. I just bought tickets this morning for their Sept 20th concert here in Minneapolis. :)

My wife and I are both in our 50s. While we are certainly fans of some of the more "seasoned" acts (last year alone we saw Steely Dan, Steve Winwood, Chicago, the B-52s, Stevie Nicks, Heart, and INXS), we're always seeking out new music, too (in the last couple of months we've seen the Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, and Foster the People).

Good music is good music, whether it's new or old.

You guys are on a roll for good shows. I'm a little jealous. ;) Good music is good music. I figure if you're having fun listening then it doesn't matter.

You guys are on a roll for good shows. I'm a little jealous. ;) Good music is good music. I figure if you're having fun listening then it doesn't matter.

The reason I like Cajun music so much, is it always reminds me of folks having a good time!;) Could be a Fais dodo, boil or just a party, don't matter.

Couldn't agree more, Craig. Just the other night, while my friend and I cooked supper, we were listening to some old New Orleans Jazz that blew us away. We were swinging around the kitchen, chasing the cat and drumming with wooden spoons before we were done. Good times. :)

I do miss working in the record store...that was a very long time ago...but, it was so much fun to hear the new music as it came out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom