Music Feeds the Soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, so here is a YouTube link to The Saw Doctors with "Clare Island". (Clare Island is a tiny island off the west coast of Ireland).

Saw Doctors - Clare Island (full original studio version) HQ - YouTube

And yes, I know they are an aging bunch of rockers, but I've seen them live twice in Britain, and they were brilliant. They really enjoy what they do. :)

I know a lot of Americans have Irish ancestry so I wondered if any of you had heard of them or even seen them?

And here is the late Kirsty MacColl (She died aged only 41) I love this, but my absolute favourite is probably her most famous song "Fairytale of New York". (A collaboration with The Pogues). As far as I can gather, only Irish people "get" why it's a brilliant Christmas Day song. (I still play it every Christmas day while I am cooking.) Anyway, we are nowhere near Christmas so this is "There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis".

THERE'S A GUY WORKS DOWN THE CHIP SHOP - YouTube

Shrek likes Saw Doctors, so do I! Didn't get a chance to listen to the second link, our show came back on.:rolleyes:

And here is the late Kirsty MacColl (She died aged only 41) I love this, but my absolute favourite is probably her most famous song "Fairytale of New York". (A collaboration with The Pogues). As far as I can gather, only Irish people "get" why it's a brilliant Christmas Day song. (I still play it every Christmas day while I am cooking.) Anyway, we are nowhere near Christmas so this is "There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis".

THERE'S A GUY WORKS DOWN THE CHIP SHOP - YouTube

kc, thank you so much for bringing kirsty maccoll into my life today! i have spent the last two hours on youtube, listening to her songs. what a fascinating woman--a talented song-writer, singer and producer. her unflinching honesty, her ability to connect with her audience, to relate to universal themes with an authentic and intimate delivery, is what made people fall in love with her....i know i did. her latest period of latin-inspired music was so vibrant, playful and full of life. i am so sorry she is not alive today.

check out this docu on kirsty maccoll's life i just finished watching. it includes snipets of her music from a body of work compiled by her throughout a diverse and everchanging musical career. bono offers some sincere words of praise and admiration for kirsty's contributions to the joshua tree album....

Kirsty - The Life And Songs Of Kirsty MacColl (Documentary) - YouTube

Last edited:
Sad day in the music world

Pete Seeger died today - at the ripe old age of 94. A symbol of "Forever Young", he was still performing live as recently as last September's Live Aid concert. He was a blessing to folk music and gave birth through his inspiration to so many musicians and groups that have come after him. In tribute, a classic number done by Pete and Arlo Guthrie (Woody's son and creator of that campy classic "Alice's Restaurant"):

Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie - Midnight Special - YouTube

hot damn, roch! ilvekyo has come a long way with his music! he has adopted a distinctly authentic and current vocal sound and style that is all his own. add to that a driving, rhythmic dance beat, and an accomplished backup band that adds layers of rich texture, and they bring it! did you say that they entertain on cruise ships?

He is currently working on his own as a solo act on the Carnival Glory which sets off out of Miami every week playing guitar and singing cover songs. After he goes to Italy to visit his grandparents for a couple of weeks in May, he will return to Ottawa to continue with his band Ilvekyo. He is releasing an EP and is currently setting up a tour to support and promote it....

Bumping this for two reasons. First, to make sure it's close to the top so Rock can keep us updated on what's going on with his son's band. Second, to try and purge my latest earworm by sharing it. :LOL: EVERY time I call the health connector I'm told I'll get called back...or they will send that form (that I should have had a week or two ago) today...or...or..or. All I get is Promises!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqhkWxPccg

Granted the song has nothing to do with health - unless you're talking about the health of a love-sick heart. But the chorus seems to creep into my mind every time someone "Promises" they'll do something...and then don't. :(

The Michael Stanley Band was a rock group out of Cleveland in the 1970s and beyond. They were really popular in northeast Ohio...and Florida. :huh:

i didn't believe the lucy in the sky painting story then, don't believe it still. that song was about an acid trip, and announced it as such with the title. i was surprised about the meaning behind i shot the sheriff. and maroon 5....

Back
Top Bottom