Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all that funk yeah, i'd forgotten the instant happy high of it--now, it makes me ready to face the day, the Whatever....

thanks tatt & bt. (big party smile)

John Medeski is a master of dissonance. The tension he builds with it and then the release is almost as good as...well this is a family board so I will shut my mouth now ;)

I love almost all music from Helmut Lotti to Led Zeppelin. Here are just a few of the artists on my i-pod: P Diddy, Madonna, Michael & JANET Jackson, The Who, Michael Buble, EDDIE MONEY, THE PIRATES CHARLES, Alison Krauss, Atlanta Rhythm Section, The Eagles, Eric Clapton & BB King, Bjork, Santana, Coldplay & Richard Ashcroft, Coheed and Cambria, The Commodores, Creed, Dave Matthews Band, Dirty Three, Don Henley, Elton John, U2, Eurythmics, Five Finger Death Punch, The Fray, George Thorogood, The Grateful Dead, HALL & OATS, Hank Williams Jr, Harry Connick Jr, Hinder, HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS, Jack Johnson, Jackyl (Locals - required), James Cotton, Pink, Jimmy Buffet, Joe Walsh & the James Gang, John Cougar Mellancamp, Julie London, K-Ci & JoJo, Killswitch Engage, Kool & The Gang, KOOP, Lacuna Coil, Lenny Kravitz, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Macy Gray, Marvin Gaye, Massive Attack, THE STEVE MILLER BAND, Molly Hatchet, The Moody Blues, Motley Crue, Nina Simone, Norah Jones, OTIS REDDING, Percy Sledge, Phil Collins, Pink Floyd, The Police, PORTISHEAD, QUEEN, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Seals & Croft, SHINEDOWN, Smoky Robinson & the Miracles, Snoop Dogg, STAIND, Stevie Ray Vaughn, SUBLIME, Three Dog Night, TOM PETTY, Zac Brown Band, The Watson Twins, Slim, Harpo, etcetera etcetera ...

My most favorite of all times: The Beatles as well as each member solo
Paul McCartney
John Lennon
George Harrison
Ringo Star

Close second: all those in all caps and then some. Too much to attempt to funnel but I tried.

Last edited:
your list includes many of my favorites too. but, huey lewis and the news? hall and oates? really? how about you put a song or two out here for us to have a fresh listen....?

And now for something completely different:

Sound Tribe Sector 9, one of my faves. Also known as STS9. They have been big on the festival scene for years, and are just a really tight electronica/jam/funk type of band. Kinda along the lines of Particle, Lotus, and even a little bit of Disco Biscuits.

STS9 - "EHM" - Red Rocks - 07.25.09 - YouTube

STS9 - "GLOgli" - Red Rocks - 09.05.08 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycg6E0a8ivk&feature=related

Super duper funky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wk61m-QYlk&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
I would love to give you a link but my only internet access is this phone & I'm not that electronically inclined. The best I can do is name my favorite Huey Lewis song which is "I want a new drug" & Hall and Oats - It's really hard to choose, i like all of them but I guess "Adult Education". I can't help myself. I find a lot of joy in almost any music that is playing. When I was growing up in the eighties (obviously) I was not allowed to listen to whatever I wanted to until I got my driver's license. I think that is why I love the wide variety of music that I do. I think all music is an artists gift and they all have a special place in life and I want to explore as many different styles with as much artistic variety and an open mind for as long as I live. I even like a lot of music with questionable lyrics that I dare not post so as not to offend anyone.

hadn't heard of sts9 until now--not sure how far i can follow electronics, but i love the way sts9 music washes over me in some of the pieces, like waves of the ocean...then, too, the pulsating, sometimes frenetic beat that crashes and crashes, and won't be denied....

Great thanks a lot Tatt. Now I am doing to have to go to the rain site every time I listen to music. That was just awesome!

omg i heard a great new sound yesterday watching late night tv--a bluesy rock band called alabama strikes. they have this obese, middle-aged female lead singer with the raw passion and soul sound of janis joplin--just phenomenal! they have a debut album coming out soon. is anyone here familiar with this group or know something about its origins?

to check them out, have a listen to their you ain't alone, or hold on--guaranteed to knock your rockin socks off.... :)

omg i heard a great new sound yesterday watching late night tv--a bluesy rock band called alabama strikes. they have this obese, middle-aged female lead singer with the raw passion and soul sound of janis joplin--just phenomenal! they have a debut album coming out soon. is anyone here familiar with this group or know something about its origins?

to check them out, have a listen to their you ain't alone, or hold on--guaranteed to knock your rockin socks off.... :)
Never heard. I googled and nothing came up. Sounds interesting. Love Southern rock. Check these guys out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6EALPEYBt3E

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom