"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #201
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,281
The original Lulu And The Lampshades...I love this one, must listen to it 5-6 times a week.

__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #202
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Thanks PF. That is actually the version I was looking for
__________________

__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #203
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Thanks PF. That is actually the version I was looking for
I have it on "speed dial"...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #204
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The original Lulu And The Lampshades...I love this one, must listen to it 5-6 times a week.


cute, but what prompts you to turn it on 5-6 times a week?
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #205
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
cute, but what prompts you to turn it on 5-6 times a week?
I just want to hear it. It's one of my favorite pieces. I don't sing, I don't play, but I love to listen, it makes me happy.

Lulu and the Lampshades started out busking in public. They are now considered accomplished musicians, with a couple of albums. But this is their start and I think it is marvelous!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #206
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just want to hear it. It's one of my favorite pieces. I don't sing, I don't play, but I love to listen, it makes me happy.

Lulu and the Lampshades started out busking in public. They are now considered accomplished musicians, with a couple of albums. But this is their start and I think it is marvelous!

there is a simple, happy love song that i listen to over and over again, for the same reason, pf--it makes me happy to hear it. the song is 'you're the girl i love' by steve goodman. check it out on youtube--sure makes you wanna be that girl....:):)
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #207
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
there is a simple, happy love song that i listen to over and over again, for the same reason, pf--it makes me happy to hear it. the song is 'you're the girl i love' by steve goodman. check it out on youtube--sure makes you wanna be that girl....:):)
Hee you go Vit...

__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #208
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
thank you, gb. goodman's declaration of love in this simple song transcends a cruel, premature death sentence that swept away this favorite son of new orleans long before katrina came to town....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #209
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
does anybody else have music you listen to just because it makes you feel good to hear it?
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #210
Executive Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
does anybody else have music you listen to just because it makes you feel good to hear it?
Here is an old classic. I always love listening to Morello.

Dave Brubeck - Take Five - 1966 - YouTube

Here is another example of just how cool the dude was
__________________

__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.