Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long John never got the credits he deserved
I still have an old 45 of Long John Baldry performing "My Bonnie" with the Beatles. I've had it since I was a kid. It's still in the original sleeve and dates from the early 60s.

I like a Hammond
About the only Hammond you see in England these days is this one:

200px-Richard_Hammond.jpg

I still have an old 45 of Long John Baldry performing "My Bonnie" with the Beatles. I've had it since I was a kid. It's still in the original sleeve and dates from the early 60s.

About the only Hammond you see in England these days is this one:

200px-Richard_Hammond.jpg
:) Steve mate, Long John was gay and if you listen to the lyrics of Mojo and watch his face:ermm:
Georgie Fame still wheels his hammond out.

My taste in music is all over the map. A patchwork of just about anything out there, with the exception of rap. It just doesn't do a thing for me.

If I was charged to select only one artist I could listen to I would have to choose John Hartford. Sadly he's gone, but he was one of the most talented people on the planet. He practically made love to the 5-string banjo. He was also a kind, gentle man and, as some may know, an honest-to-goodness riverboat pilot.

He also wrote the Glen Campbell hit Gentle on My Mind lo those many years ago.

Just go to YouTube for any of the pieces performed by him.

Here's one of my favorites, Gumtree Canoe You can tell he loved the river.

i'm immensely enjoying this music thread--it's the best one so far! i have been listening to everybody's song choices, lots of fine music memories along with some special new music experiences. please keep them coming--both old and new favorites you want to share with the rest of us music lovers here at dc.
i don't know how to send youtube videos using my computer. would someone please bring van morrison's in the mystic to this thread, and most anything from dylan's blood on the tracks (tangled up in blue maybe)? at the risk of being too much of a pita, i'd also love to see something from leonard cohen represented here. (thank you just in case this actually happens) :)

This one is by a guy named Daniel Johnston. Daniels story is as interesting as his music. He has been diagnosed with manic depression and schizophrenia and has been in and out of mental health hospitals through his life. In a lot of his music you hear things like little kids toy pianos and things like that because when he was in the hospital that is all he could get his hands on. He would record everything and would pop into his head and he just wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote and...

This piece is from his band Danny And The Nighmares. You can hear the paranoia in the lyrics. The tune is hauntingly beautiful. I promise you will be humming it for days to come.

Danny and the Nightmares "Death of Satan" Music Video - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom