Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember George Thorogood coming to Regina when I was at University to what was our biggest stadium, the Agrobition Building. It sat maybe 5,000 and a few hundred more on the floor. The opening acts were two Canadian bands, Max Webster (Toronto) and Streetheart (Regina). Members of the latter went on to form LoverBoy, a Vancouver Band that had some airplay in the US.

We all went to see "our bands" and were blown away by Thorogood! Usually it is the other way around :LOL:.

Last edited:
we were working for the weekend with loverboy back in the day. they were big in the u.s. actually, and the concert we attended, def leppard opened for them! pyromania!! :)

Last edited:
Wow, Vitauta, thanks for that! :) Our local boys done good!

The current bass player, Ken "Spider" Sinnaeve, was the original bassist for Streetheart both in Winnipeg and Regina - one of the founding members. He was also in my Canadian Lit class (which I found really boring) and at a performance at one of our local bars recognized me as "the only person who skipped class more than I did". :blush:

In my defense, I took the course the next term with a different instructor and aced it! :angel:

Music is always a mood thing for me. Most often I listen to:
Wayne Toups, Al Berard, Steve Riley and various other Cajun artists. For easy listening mostly Gordon Lightfoot. I like various rock groups. If I want some heavy metal, it's got to be the original, Black Sabbath.

oh tin, you're so good for jogging sweet music memories from my past...laurie anderson's big science reminds me how much i loved kate bush's sound too--in hounds of love, with running up that hill and big sky. sometime in the 80s i think it was, remember? they were contemporary sisters in music....

I remember feeling absolutely chilled to the bone on 9/11, remembering the words to Laurie Anderson's 1980's "O Superman." Especially, "here come the planes...they're American planes...made in America."

Looking at my list -- boy, am I stuck in the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom