Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never heard. I googled and nothing came up. Sounds interesting. Love Southern rock. Check these guys out, Mofro- Lochloosa - YouTube

well of course you couldn't google my new hot band, rocklobster, cos i gave you their NAME WRONG, gawd i'm so stupid sometimes. the band's name is actually ALABAMA SHAKES--not strikes. sorry. if you go directly to google with the song names (you ain't alone, and hold on) you'll get there right away.

now, i'm going to check out your guys....:)

I am not sure if anyone is onto it, but YOUTUBE is streaming ALL of Coachella Live, all three days, all three main stages, and it's been great.

Just seeing Jimmy Cliff, and Tim Armstrong(from Rancid) preforming together was worth it, lol. I don't get out to shows/festivals, like I used to, so I think it is awesome that youtube gets behind this stuff, and broadcasts it for free.

Dumped almost $600 bucks into Phish at Atlantic City from the 15th-17th, and to be honest, if it was a streaming live kinda deal, I would MUCH rather stay in the comfort of my own home, and be able to go to the restroom, or grab a beer, without it taking an hour.

I am face-palming myself right now. . . I am not even a big fan of Bader field.

It is so awesome that Youtube is doing that. I am amazed at the availability of music these days.

I did couch touch for the past two Phish NYE shows and next to being there it is an amazing way to see a show. I had it playing on the HD large screen with the lights off so aside from the heat, crowds, insane beer prices, long bathroom lines, etc it was almost like I was there. And the parking and commute for couch tour can't be beat.

Couch tour for those who are confused is something Phish started doing a few years ago. The broadcast certain (the big ones) shows online and you can watch and listen is real time (and very good quality) for a small price.

It is so awesome that Youtube is doing that. I am amazed at the availability of music these days.

I did couch touch for the past two Phish NYE shows and next to being there it is an amazing way to see a show. I had it playing on the HD large screen with the lights off so aside from the heat, crowds, insane beer prices, long bathroom lines, etc it was almost like I was there. And the parking and commute for couch tour can't be beat.

Couch tour for those who are confused is something Phish started doing a few years ago. The broadcast certain (the big ones) shows online and you can watch and listen is real time (and very good quality) for a small price.

OMG, I had NO idea that they did that!! Poop, I would have loved to have done that!!

did you happen to see the holographic 2 pac performance w/ Snoop Dog? I won't post the vid, but i am sure you can find it easily. I had NO idea that holograms could looks so real on a stage. It's getting closer and closer to Star Trek, I tell ya.

On a different note, some Gibb Droll. Wish I knew where this guy ended up, use to see him live all the time, and then he vanished

Gibb Droll Band: Funky - YouTube

we lost another good one today. levon helm, drummer and the big brawny voice of The Band has died. all the way from woodstock times, i for one never tired of listening to the whiskey husky, full-throttled musical strains that made this band so unique and beloved in this country....r.i.p. levon helm, missing you already.

A perfect summer morning for me is waking and sitting in the sunshine by the pool with a cup of coffee and the birds chirping while Jolie sings in the background.

we lost another good one today. levon helm, drummer and the big brawny voice of The Band has died. all the way from woodstock times, i for one never tired of listening to the whiskey husky, full-throttled musical strains that made this band so unique and beloved in this country....r.i.p. levon helm, missing you already.
Just seeing this for the first time. Loved Levon Helm, loved The Band. He will be truly missed.

People were talking about feel-good music earlier. I thought I'd share a couple. I love to sing and so does my husband, so give me a song with beautiful harmonies so we can both sing along and we are golden. When our toddler joins in it becomes impossible to do anything but smile as we sing along. That's why these two are favorites (plus I think the band is phenomenal).
The Head and the Heart - Lost In My Mind (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjoA4nYBD5U&ob=av3nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Rc5zUX78-CA

We have to edit the second in one spot for DD, but since she'll listen to this stuff over typical toddler music any day, it's worth it to me! :) The lyrics aren't quite as light and fluffy as some of the other feel-good music I like, but c'mon, look how much fun they're having!

Then a great love song by the same, and this one they're actually singing in the van:
The Head and The Heart / Van session #2 - YouTube
They sound this good in a van and I posted this version because it's such a fun, goofy video, but live with all of their instruments and good acoustics... Did I mention I'm in love with this band? It also helps that they actually walked around and talked to the stragglers after the show we went to and seemed super friendly and chill. I just can't get enough!

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean vit. She is pretty young in those videos (16 or 17 I think) so hopefully as she matures and gets more comfortable she will relax and show a little more emotion.

Back
Top Bottom