"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Music Thread!

I've grown fond of The Band Perry and the newest incarnation of Van Halen. Diamond Dave still has it.

I've listened to both albums and they're both pretty solid! :)

Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Already a few threads like this kicking around. . .

What kind of music do you listen to?

What are you listening to?

and more.

I was pretty stoked to hear of D.L.Roth frionting VanHalen again, I wasn't too big a fan of Van Hagar, or Sammys Chicken Foot project.

He does have a decent line of tequila though.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I heard something on the radio last night about Squeeze and The B-52's going out on tour this summer. Makes me feel 20-somenthing again!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Music and I

Music and I are partners since my 1st transitor radio, my parents had given me for Christmas when I was a wee toddler. So, the collection is enormous. We are very diversified in music. We love music and we love music in all languages too.

Depending on time of day, mood, activity etcetra; I enjoy Billie Holiday, Brazilian Jazz, The 4 Seasons, The 4 Tops, The Temptations, Sly and the Family Stone, Barry White, The Supremes, Michael Jackson and the 5, Michael Jackson and the Story of Motown, The Gypsy Kings, Flamenco, Fado ( Portuguese ), Il Divo, Pavoratti, Placido Domingo, The Doors, Carlos Santana, Daniella Romo, Manuel Manjares, Julio Iglesias, José José, Kool and the Gang, Bruce Springsteen ( The Boss ), The Beatles, The Stones, Thelma Houston, Whitney Houston, Film Scores, The Best of Broadway and London Theatre, Marisol, Rocio Ducal, Rocio Jurado, Shirley Bassey, Nina Simone, Manolo Escobar, Gloria Gaynor; the 50s ( Elvis ), the 60s, 70s, 80s and numerous others ...

M.C.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Oh yes, forgot: Eros Ramazzotti

Eros Ramazzotti is another favorite.

M.C.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I heard something on the radio last night about Squeeze and The B-52's going out on tour this summer. Makes me feel 20-somenthing again!!!!
I've seen both in the last couple years. They haven't lost a thing since their heyday.

A lot of these 70s & 80s acts have been resurfacing lately. Last year alone, my wife and I saw INXS, Stevie Nicks, Chicago, and Berlin. Though Michael Hutchence is long gone, the INXS concert was still probably one of the best I've seen in a long while.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I've seen both in the last couple years. They haven't lost a thing since their heyday.

A lot of these 70s & 80s acts have been resurfacing lately. Last year alone, my wife and I saw INXS, Stevie Nicks, Chicago, and Berlin. Though Michael Hutchence is long gone, the INXS concert was still probably one of the best I've seen in a long while.
Have you seen the "fashion" some kids are all about now too? Every generation does repeat itself, but I wasn't anticipating the 80's to come back around that fast.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Already a few threads like this kicking around. . .

What kind of music do you listen to?

What are you listening to?

and more.

I was pretty stoked to hear of D.L.Roth frionting VanHalen again, I wasn't too big a fan of Van Hagar, or Sammys Chicken Foot project.

He does have a decent line of tequila though.

I figured they were around, I just couldn't find them. Mostly because I'm lazy, I guess.

I'll finish up by saying that "Tattoo" was kind of a weak first release but the rest of the albums rocks out!

And I like Sammy just fine but mostly when he's just Sammy.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Chief Eating Officer

Music is near and dear to my heart. Right now I am watching Steve Martin jam on the banjo on Austin City Limits. I think he is one of the most talented people on this Earth.

Here is a song I have been listening to lately. I just discovered this group and have had this song stuck in my head since.