Music while you work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cameron, what a great opportunity! Bucky and Barb are right!

Classical's the one music I never tire of. Makes me wonder about all those composers in their time. Can you see some young girls, milking their cows, going "Have you heard the latest Bach did? It was rockin'!"

Actually, to get even more off topic, I do know that Paganini was quite the rock star in his era. He had long black hair and had tons of groupies. Died from something related. He's the original inspiration of many guitar players nowadays in more ways than one.

okay, back to the topic -
since I work as the maid, the cook, the laundry goddess and the chauffer, I listen to generally clasical. However, my directv has had the U2 concert on daily, and I've been keeping that on a lot too.

We always, always, always have the radio/CD player blasting in the kitchen at work. If I'm the first one to get to the jukebox, we'll be listening to the "Oldies" station on the radio.

One of my two partners is a younger guy (23 or so), and he prefers the really loud alternative rock (you know, the mosh-pit stuff). The fact is, I found it annoying at first, but now I'm singing along (and I CANNOT repeat most of the lyrics here) :angel:

I don't think I could function at work without some kind of music.

--J

buckytom said:
no music here. i can't concentrate on things if i have music, especially the lyrics in my head.
besides, there is almost always a tv on somewhere in every room. most of the times, multiple tv's.

so, what do you listen to at dewey, cheatham, and howe, umm, i mean the cambece law firm? :)

edited to add: i do know what you mean about music getting you pumped. i used to inline speed skate a lot, with my cd player going. i'd have to be careful listening to aggressive music like "rage against the machine". you get angry and pumped up, and run down nuns going for a walk in the park.
"i'm sorry sister, but get the f*^&* over to the right side of the path!!!"

then one day, i ran into sister bertrille (sally field), and she whooped my butt.

Well I listen to whatever I feel, pretty much all the new stuff. I don’t do law work I do misc labor (that means I sit on my laptop all day) so I get to chill with my tunes on and talk to people. I like it and it pays the bills, but it’s not a career. I’m actually a photographer and designer, but it’s tough for a young kid to show off his work and get a job in the field with out college. I’m going in the fall tons of fun, left college about a month ago to get my stuff together and I don’t know if I want to go back yet.

Cambece:ermm:

I have a full 60 gb iPod, along with XM Radio in my office. There are very few times you will *not* hear music coming out of my office. Sometimes my officemates have to ask me to turn it down, but then I'm half deaf anyway.:huh:

The Toccatta and Fugue spoken of is actually Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. There is also a Toccatta and Fugue in F Major. It's a completely different, but just as beautiful, composition.

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor web page with audio

thanks phinz. i didn't know that, about the F major. i'll have to keep an ear out for it. also by bach, i assume.
i love the d minor. a riff from it is my cellphone's ringtone, for when my wife calls. it's a kind of anxious and annoyed riff, to prepare me for what's coming. :) only kidding.

really, it's dynamic range of notes helps me hear it ring while i'm driving, or working in a lot of white noise.

I don't play music at work, although I could. It's just too distracting when I have to perform surgery on a difficult set of paragraphs.

Besides, I would get too into it and neglect the important work of arranging punctuation properly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom