"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #21
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Dove, I dread when those days roll around. Sometimes it feels like it's going to happen tomorrow!

Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #22
Head Chef

I can remember my oldest sons first day of school. It was 24 years ago. I walked to the school with him and then I cried all the way home (All by myself), he's now 28 and I can't believe he's pushing 30 That makes me feel old.

- WOODROW WILSON
tweedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #23
Head Chef

My youngest started school this year but we start back at the end of january so she's an old hand now!! I have a weird experience compared to you cause i work full time so I never saw her during the day but now she's at school she sees me alot cause conveniently I teach at her school! Its quite funny being on playground duty and having her holding my hand or running up to tell me something! Its costing me a fortune at the canteen cause the 3 days its open she'll come up to the office to get me to ask for money!!!
I teach the Year 5 & 6 and we go with the kindies on a Thursday afternoon for "buddies" where each older child is paired with a younger child and we do activities, the kids love it and I get to see Erin and what she's doing. When we were making mother's day gifts the other kids were very concerned that I would see what she was making.
There are negatives to having her at my school but on the whole I love it and it meant I never had the tears when she started.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #24
Master Chef

I was a teacher at the day care where TC went until Savannah was born. So I know what you mean mrsmac! Being ablw to see him while I was working my the days go by so much faster too!

Savannah cried Saturday because she wanted to go to school. She was so excited to go back today that she was up at 5:30 this morning with me.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #25
Master Chef

i feel for ya crewsk. my youngest will be starting his first day of school next tuesday. i know i'm going to be a blubbering mess. I'm so used to having him here with me its going to be a huge adjustment. Wished you were closer we could cry on each others shoulders and take turns pestering each others cats so they didn't feel the emptiness too.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #26
Master Chef

Sizz, I'll be thinking about you next Tuesday! I'm sure our cats will enjoy the break from getting pestered all day. You can always pm me if you need a shoulder!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #27
Head Chef

Our school has a "Tea and tissues"/ "Coffee and Kleenex" morning tea for all the kindergarten mums on the first day so they can all meet and have someone to cry with if necessary. My friends all went out for lunch to celebrate but I couldn't cause I was at school!!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #28
Master Chef

That's a great idea! At my kids school, they have Kindergarten kickoff on the first day for the parents. The administrators go over a few things & the mom's generally sit there & cry. Maybe I'll celebrate next year (or maybe even after Christmas break ths year )!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmac
Our school has a "Tea and tissues"/ "Coffee and Kleenex" morning tea for all the kindergarten mums on the first day so they can all meet and have someone to cry with if necessary. My friends all went out for lunch to celebrate but I couldn't cause I was at school!!
oh, that is the sweetest idea! just makes me smile.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #30
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Crewsk, I can imagine how sad it is. But on the bright side she has great parents! ANNNNNNND...... you can use that food dicer thingy you won at the Cafe!