My Baby Still Needs Me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Sometimes, with everyone being so busy and all, it can be a couple months between phone calls with my daughter. We used to talk and play Yahoo games online just about every day, in addition to frequent phone calls. It can be very hard not seeing her and the rest of my family (including grandkids). We have talked a few times this week, which has been really nice. Today she called and said she needed my help. She wanted to know why her mashed potatoes always come out gluey, so I talked her through it. :mrgreen: It is nice being needed!!!!!

:) Barbara

That's nice, Barbara!! Even something that small means SO much!! My boys don't ask much anymore either and when they do, it's good to know that I'm still needed too.

i guess your plan to teach her the wrong way first worked, huh barbara? :cool:

just teasing. having an "everybody loves raymond" marie barrone moment.

byw, how do you keep your mashed from getting gluey?

buckytom said:
i guess your plan to teach her the wrong way first worked, huh barbara? :cool:

just teasing. having an "everybody loves raymond" marie barrone moment.

byw, how do you keep your mashed from getting gluey?
I told her that just because the Elmers is white, it doesn't mean you can substitute it for milk! LOL Ok, as far as teaching her the wrong way first, she was almost 3,000 miles away, so I didn't get to teach her! When she was a kid, she wasn't interested in what went on in the kitchen. Now she is actually a pretty good cook (so I'm told). Anyway, I told her to make sure not to over-cook the potatoes, and not to over beat them (I think she was probably beating them too long). I haven't heard back since they ate. Maybe my advice stank and their mouths are all glued shut! LOL

oh, i seriously doubt that. i was only teasing. i am only begining to experience what it feels to have your child really consciously need you. it's pretty amazing.

LOL I knew you were teasing. If I had thought you were serious, I wouldn't have answered you at all! :mrgreen: I would just sit here and rant and rave to James!!!:wacko:

Ok, it is 5:03 a.m., so I guess I will think about going to bed now. I will have my schedule so messed up by the time I have to go back to work!!!

Back
Top Bottom