"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Maybe I am just being sensitive (well i know i am being sensitive) but my husband posted this in his car forum and the out pouring of best wishes was overwhelming. He has so much support from his car buddies and I really needed some myself...oh well. You're entitled to your opinions callisto, just like everyone else. You shouldn't worry about upsetting me.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by snack_pack85 View Post
Maybe I am just being sensitive (well i know i am being sensitive) but my husband posted this in his car forum and the out pouring of best wishes was overwhelming. He has so much support from his car buddies and I really needed some myself...oh well. You're entitled to your opinions callisto, just like everyone else. You shouldn't worry about upsetting me.
Sweetie ~ my support of you is unconditional. I'm sorry I didn't offer it sooner. I'm just worried about Cash. I've been looking for no kill shelters in Cali that you could take him to. I even sent an email to a friend out there asking if they could take him but I haven't heard back.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Thanks Callisto. Thats really really sweet. I havent heard anything from the shelter yet, but today they did a home check on a family who understands Cash's special needs and his history. They want him anyway and if they pass the home visit (to make sure they dont want him for fighting or anything like that) they should be able to adopt him and I would be crazy excited. We'll see. Thanks for trying to help. That means a lot! <3
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 AM   #14
Senior Cook

For anyone who's been following this, I am very sad to report that Cash was sent up to heaven yesterday afternoon after behaving aggressively towards several other dogs at the shelter. We had great hopes for him, but clearly it was not meant to be.

I beleive that we gave Cash one last day with his sister and one more day with a loving family. Now he is in doggy heaven and one day we'll be there with him.

Thanks for the support.

Eva Marie
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #15
Master Chef

that's really sad for Cash, but, SP, the people that had him made him mean and once a dog is mean like that, they won't turn around. They can be made to behave when in the presence of it's owner, but, if left alone, that instinct will come out and he would have hurt someone one day and no one wants that on their conscience. Now he can run free and without anger or pain.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #16
Senior Cook

it's been really rough, but I know you're right. We're having a little memorial for him. We're going to pack up his blankets/bedding and his fav. toy and "plant" them in the backyard. We're also going to let a balloon go. I need to say goodbye or this is going to hurt for way longer than it should.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Oh snack - I'm so very sorry!!!!!!!!!!! Why Cash was the way he was God only knows. He's home now and...well...if old dogs can run in heaven then Cash is now licking everyone and playing. Whatever the reason was, he wasn't happy here. My hat is off to you for trying!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote