"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
My deepest sympathies are with you Mish. Her husband is fortunate to have someone like you around, it is times like this when it hits you how important it is to have a true friend, and find out who is a true friend to you... It helps both of you to be there for each other, it gives you the strength and comfort that you need so much right now... ((hugs))

Old 03-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

Mish I am so deeply sorry for your loss!!! If you need an ear to bend, feel free to send me a PM. You have a very large supposrt group here.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
I don't usually put my personal stuff out there, but, this hit me hard. I've seen many posts asking for prayers, and how tragic it is when a 'celebrity' passes on and all that he/she has contributed to the world/community. This personal loss is far more devastating to me. I have so many mixed emotions right now, so please forgive me if it comes spilling out.

My friend's husband called me this morning, beside himself, & bless his heart, thought to call me and tell me my friend/his long-time partner had passed away. I am trying to put my emotions on hold, and thought, should I have asked him if there is something I can do. He was very rushed on the phone, and told me he is planning funeral arrangements at Forest Lawn, and waiting for call backs. I am very sorry, but I'm blown away right now - running the gamut of emotions. She suffered with a long-time battle of alcoholism, and had a heart attack, even with a pacemaker. Sometimes life baffles me. What can I do, say, to help him? I know he is hurting.
Mish, my thoughts and prayers are with you dear one.... so very hard. Be strong and be there for him, it will help.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Mish, I am so sorry to hear about your best friend, this must be a terrible shock for you and her husband. I've said a prayer for you and yours. We'll be here for you if you need us.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #15
Sous Chef

So sorry mish, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Losing a friend is not easy to deal with, I have been there, nothing is that comforting, one just wants their friend back. They say time eases the pain, It takes a looooooooong time.My advise is to think of how your friend would like you to remember them and , and what she would have loved you to be doing while she isn't with you anymore.It will take a while, but you will get there, you will still miss her many many years later, but you will be able to cope better over the years.be strong, but don't be afraid to cry and ask for support.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Mish, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know this must be a shock for you. If I can do anything (I listen real good), please let me know. I will say a prayer for you and your friend's husband. Take comfort in knowing she is in such a wonderful place right now.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Mish, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I can only try to imagine how you feel, certainly an empty place in your heart when something like this happens. I would hope remembering the good times will comfort you somewhat.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #18
Master Chef

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[MISH]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

My heart goes out to you and your friend's partner. I know how hard a time this is for both of you. Close your eyes and think of what your friend would have wanted you to to for him and for yourself. Then do it.

Hugs and prayers to you.

J
Old 03-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Mish,
I'm so sorry about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your friend's husband. Be there for your friend in any way you can. Hugs and prayers are going your way.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #20
Sous Chef

Big Hugs Mish. We'll keep both you and your friends family in our prayers tonight too.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote