My Best Friend Passed Away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mish,be there, be you..All losses bring a keen sense of pain. When I lost my dad, after months of taking care of him..One of the nicest things for me was having my friend come to the house, bring in a dinner and dessert, hot and ready to go, then put her arms around me and tell me she loved me, and how she loved dad...Another friend, just came and sat by me saying nothing, just held my hand, then quietly slipped away as others came in. Later that week, a large donation was made in dad's name to his favorite charity. There isn't much we can say at at time like this, but just being there does and says it all.Right now you are stunned and hurt..Sit down, what did your friend treasure the most? Did she love a certain flower or poem..Did she have a favorite cause...You can do something like that in her name..Main thing, just do what you think she would do if she were able.
prayers, and loving thoughts...
kadesma

Mish, please know the my thoughts are with you and your friend's family. So sorry to hear of your loss...........Linda

Am so sorry Mish. As we get older we have to go through the loss of family and friends too many times.

All you can do is be there with a kind heart, and if you see a spot where you can help, jump in.

Have found we can often be of help in the background. There are a lot of things that need to be done, such as cooking, perhaps, or maybe taking the clothes to the cleaners, or, you get the idea.

Every situation is different, every family is different, and you just have to see how the thing develops.

Very much remember, and cherish, the kindness of those who just showed up.

We knew there was nothing they could do to ease the pain, but learned how important it is that there are some people who will share it.

God bless.

Mish. Im SO very sorry. What was she going thru before she went? Its so very sad.
6.gif
It makes us all relish what we all have now. Can you tell us how old she was?

Mish- there isn't anything anyone can say that will take away the pain that's so new- I agree time will heal those hurts ; remember the reasons she was so dear to you. Just being there for her husband will help- my thoughts and prayers are with you now.

Mish;
I know this is a hard time for you. I know how it feels to lose someone close. My parents are gone, my grandparents, and it does hurt. It leaves you empty inside knowing that you can't call them on the phone, or visit. But remember, the loss is temporary. I do believe in life after death. I do believe I will see my parents and loved ones again. At my Mother's Eulogy, I said "I won't say goodbye to my Mom, rather, I say, keep a place waiting for me at the table for when I get there.

I have truly had amzing things happen because of prayer to not believe. I share that with you, and hope you can share similar experiences with your freind. He can see his wife again, just not in this mortality.

I'm going out on a limb here by expressing my beliefs. I'm not sure we're supposed to do this on a public forum. I won't get into my views on that policy, whether in the work place, or any other public place. We claim to be a free society, and yet we put so many restrictions on ourselves. But I digress. Keep your freind's memory in your heart. Remember the good times, the hard times, the things that made your relationship with her valuable.

Remember, we are on this Earth for but a short time. We are here to grow, to learn. And when it's over, it's a new begining. That's my belief. I know my Mother, Father, and Stepfather will be waiting for me, along with everyone else who passed beyond mortality before me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

mish, there have been many beautiful, comforting words written here. I know you can feel the love and support you have from all of us. You and those who know, love, and miss your friend will be in my prayers.

sometimes, mish, you may need little more than to be there with someone, & yet be silent, & if either of you wants to speak, do. what seems to matter to me is having someone with you.
i'm sorry for your loss, mish.

Oh, Mish... I am sorry to hear of this loss. You must be feeling many different emotions right now. I dont know what to say really to make things any easier (is there anything that can be said in situations like this?) but just know that you and those around you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Take care...

Oh, Mish... I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I cant imagine what you must be feeling at the moment. I don't really know what I can say to make things easier (but really, what can a person say in situations like these?) but just know that you and those around you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Take care...

Mish first of all you know we love you here. You are more than welcome to PM me anytime and Chat if you like, I am sure I am not the only one willing to do that. I am so sorry to hear of you great loss. I wish I could give you a Hug right this minute.
As for your Friends Husband, just being there to listen is the kindess gift we can share with each other. I am sure you have let him know by now you would be willing to help out. Men are not always the Best at sharing cause we are so "Tough" don't believe that. He won't be go through the toughest spots until after the Funeral . This will be when he will need the most support and then its different for how long, just depends on the person. Trust me 2 weeks out and beyond after things like this happen are where the real love shows up. Be there I know you will. Love to you Mish James :)

Last edited:
Thank you all, so very much, for your advice, hugs and support!!! Words fail me right now. You are all so kind to take the time, and share your wisdom and good thoughts here with me.

Mish

Mish, I echo everyone else and am so sorry for the pain you must be feeling right now. There's no one right thing to do in a time like this--know you're being a wonderful friend by being concerned and offering your love and support. [[[hugs]]]

Back
Top Bottom