My Birthday present

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
DW has got me a birthday present in advance. She has found a guy who is going to come and spend a few hours cooking with me and teaching me new things.

He is a chef who no longer works for resturants - got fed up with the hours. He has cooked for the Queen Mother, a Michelin starred resturant and has had his own sea food resturant.

We are cooking stuffed salmon wllington, fish stew, portugese cod and strawberry cream puff pastry. It should all be happening next week. I am really looking forward to it.

Good. So you'll have plenty of time to get camera equipment ready and train DW on the positions she'll have to get in to make pics for us of you and said chef.
See, she's thought it would be a simple idea, (and a Great One, I might add), but it ain't over yet. LOL!

Good. So you'll have plenty of time to get camera equipment ready and train DW on the positions she'll have to get in to make pics for us of you and said chef.
See, she's thought it would be a simple idea, (and a Great One, I might add), but it ain't over yet. LOL!

I almost mentioned pics too - you said it MUCH better than I ever could have! LOL on the "she thought it would be a simple idea :LOL::LOL:

Basically miniman, she got us ALL a little training with a chef!!!!

What a great wife you have to give you such a thoughtful gift. You are going to have a blast I am sure.

awesome!!!!!

that little speach about bursting hearts and the nearby sound of her dress really worked, then huh?

lol. ;)

ya know, for some reason, i was thinking of you tonight as i drove in to work. your karma yesterday probably triggered the thoughts.
i was thinking how strangly nice it was, the longing that you felt when she was away. you're in the zone. you're really living, man.

and now it's even nicer to see that she knows you, and helps to fulfill you.

it doesn't get better. enjoy this.

and report here frequently... :)

How fun!!!!! I will drop a printout of your thread to put on my DH's plate as a little hint......Houston is full of great restaurants and chefs...........You lucky dog, lucky dog, Miniman!

Excellent Ray!!! Happy birthday too when it happens - I am sure I will miss it otherwise!!

So is your wife planning the meal she wants you to cook for HER birthday, by chance??? ;-)

DW has got me a birthday present in advance. She has found a guy who is going to come and spend a few hours cooking with me and teaching me new things.

He is a chef who no longer works for resturants - got fed up with the hours. He has cooked for the Queen Mother, a Michelin starred resturant and has had his own sea food resturant.

We are cooking stuffed salmon wllington, fish stew, portugese cod and strawberry cream puff pastry. It should all be happening next week. I am really looking forward to it.

That's a great gift. Congratulations on choosing such a wonderful wife ;) Have a great time.

Excellent Ray!!! Happy birthday too when it happens - I am sure I will miss it otherwise!!

So is your wife planning the meal she wants you to cook for HER birthday, by chance??? ;-)

No - she is not a great fish eater & shellfish are a definite no no - the menu is based on my ideas. I really want to know more about cooking fish so I mentioned that and some ideas about dishes I was interested in. The pudding is in for the boys (& DWs) pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom