"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
Master Chef

I wouldn't worry if the vet says the cat is fine. My cats pick different rooms and places to sleep, they don't stick with only one spot. Do you have cat toys for him to play with ? My cats favor ping pong balls to bat around and little fake mice. Of course the toys get batted under the furniture .
All 6 cats are indoor cats, it is safer for them and all have their claws.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
Master Chef

I have 6 indoor cats and all sleep at different times in different places in the house. Cats do like their naps. :-)

Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
Does he hiss at you often like that? That's not normal.
I don't know, but looks normal to me. My Dad had a Burmese (died and gone to kitty heaven 2 years ago) that would look and do worse than that if you got between her and her Daddy. She absolutely despised my sister and me, but tolerated Mom because she fed her. She is the only cat that we've had that I've seen throw a major temper tantrum if she didn't get her way. She absolutely hated my younger brothers step-kids. Every time they would come over she would go hide under our parents bed and hiss and growl the whole time they were there (and I'm talking about well behaved kids who knew the difference between acting up and being polite. They were some of the most behaved kids I'd seen in quite some time). She had Dad wrapped around her little claw. It's taken Dad a while to get over her death, and he's now talking about getting another Burmese. I just hope the next one will allow family members close. If I had a picture I would post it to show you one of her famous hissing poses.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
Executive Chef

i think the cat looks fine, he's/she's just getting older like the rest of us.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

i think he looks just fine. my thomas is only four years old but he naps a lot. sometimes in the linen closet......sometimes on top shelf of a hutch in my sewing room. also in this own little bed and on my bed as well. cats just sleep a lot. as they get older they sleep more. if vet says he is ok i wouldn't worry at all.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
Everymom

Hey Erik, we have an arthritic 17 year old kitty and we just started giving her Metacam once a day and what a DIFFERENCE! She is getting around better, being more active and clearly feeling LOTS better. Ask your vet about it. Its a wonderful pain reliever.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Eric, you're being a good kitty "daddy" and I'm absolutely certain the kitty appreciates that you are providing a loving and safe home.

As kitties get older they slow down and sleep more. And they change their favorite places often.

Just love him. Yep, as someone else said, YOU never own a cat. THEY own you, but it's wonderful. They add a depth to our lives and make us softer.