My cat passed away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We found him this morning, under the couch. Last night we could not find him anywhere which has never happened before. He was an indoor cat and was always in sight. I knew something was wrong right away. We did eventually find him, but I could tell he was not well. He was hardly moving and not very responsive. The kids could tell something was up too.

He passed away late last night. I was able to spend the last few hours with him right next to me. When the end came he slowly made it down onto the floor and went under the couch. He let out a few soft cries and then was gone. I am going to miss him! He was 15 which is a great amount of time to have a cat. I am just happy he is not in any pain now.

Attachments

• Minor07-vi.jpg
    Minor07-vi.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 176
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 160
GB, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got to be together at the end. I lost my Tuxedo this spring and I still have a hole in my heart shaped like him. A big hug to you my dear friend.

I just wish I was close enough to deliver it in person.

Go hug that new niece of yours, it will let a little joy shine through the sadness.

As my cat left this world my niece came in. I would like to think a little piece of him entered her and he will live on through her. I know it sounds weird and I don't really believe that happened, but it is a nice thought to hold onto anyway.

As weird as it sounds, that has sort of become my belief as well. In my life, when someone dies, someone else is born. It just reaffirms to me that all things are cyclical. This spring it was my kitty and my good friend had her baby early. Coincidence? I don't believe so.

So sad to hear about your kitty. Wish I was closer by to give you a hug.

My Julia Child Kitty is up there in heaven to welcome him.

Hey, big cat hugs, GB! We recently lost our 16 year old Rocky....
Always painful and sad, but you have memories and knowledge that
you gave them a great life for a long time.
Hugs!

I'm sorry you lost your kitty GB, but I'm glad you were able to be there for him at the end. I have lost a lot of kitties (mostly old age), so I know how you feel. As far as being with him, I think it was important for both of you. A few years ago one of our cats was critically injured by a dog. It was so bad that I had no choice but to have him euthanized. As hard as it was for me to do, I stayed with him right to the end because I felt he was scared enough and shouldn't have to die with strangers. I wanted him to have someone who loved him with him.

:(Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom