"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
Master Chef

At least she isn't urinating in your bed. Every time Mei Yu gets upset about something, she marks the top of my bed, right between mine and my husband's pillows...stinks something awful. (Thankfully, it's a waterbed, so the odor hasn't soaked into the mattress.)
And it doesn't take her much to get upset...she's quite particular and very jealous of the male cat.
She's always done it, so it's not an age thing...besides, Mei Yu's only 8 years old...young for a Siamese. I have punished her by rubbing her nose in it and spanking her with a newspaper, but it hasn't stopped her.
We've even talked about getting rid of her, but then she'll be good for several months, and she's so sweet and loving, not to mention beautiful, that we let it go.
If any of you all know of a remedy, I'd sure love to hear it.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
At least she isn't urinating in your bed. Every time Mei Yu gets upset about something, she marks the top of my bed, right between mine and my husband's pillows...stinks something awful. (Thankfully, it's a waterbed, so the odor hasn't soaked into the mattress.)
And it doesn't take her much to get upset...she's quite particular and very jealous of the male cat.
She's always done it, so it's not an age thing...besides, Mei Yu's only 8 years old...young for a Siamese. I have punished her by rubbing her nose in it and spanking her with a newspaper, but it hasn't stopped her.
We've even talked about getting rid of her, but then she'll be good for several months, and she's so sweet and loving, not to mention beautiful, that we let it go.
If any of you all know of a remedy, I'd sure love to hear it.
Constance, I am ROTFL at this because I have went through the same thing; more than a few times!! When they get mad at a person, watch out!!! In fact, the female outdoor kitty we have was an indoor kitty for many years until she got very angry with my hubby over something that we still have not figured out. Pooh would urinate on certain dog toys when she was mad at one particular dog and I even caught her doing it on his food. With my hubby, she was marking all of his shoes that he left in the living room. When that did not get her what she wanted (we have no idea what), she moved on to marking all of his tools and anything else that was his inside the house. She never did anything to my stuff. Needless to say, I had to make the decision to put her outside (almost 4 years ago); even though it meant that I was losing my only mouser. Now she is very happy and is still a very cuddley cat. Pooh even decided to let hubby cuddle her this past few months; maybe she has forgiven whatever he did to literally "p*ss" her off.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
They are laying together..... hugging. They are embraced in total bliss, just snuggling. Its amazing to me. These guys that fight and play.... sometimes just act like brothers (they arent). THey just embrace each other.... close their eyes.... and sleep.
It amazes me every time how cats act towards each other when they get along. They clean the other guy (licking them on the forehead or whatever) and purr. I just wish I had a camera. I keep looking at them while I type this. Its actually relaxing ME. Cute little guys.
Buck and I know what you mean, Sushi. We love our furry children. They are so entertaining and it seems obvious that they love each other. By and large, they all get along swell even though most of they are not related.

One of our kitties, Miss Rodeo, is a born mother even though she's never had a litter. She mothers everyone, giving them LOOOOOONG baths, snuggling. She's a real angel.

It's not unusual, during the colder months, for me to have my lap filled with them when I'm watching television in the evenings. Last night I had Miss Rodeo, Miss Augie, Chessie, Tigger, and Ashley (my avatar) on my lap. Tween (big, orange, fluffy and the size of a tank), Torie and C.J. had made themselves comfy somewhere else. Guess they figured there was no more room on mommie's lap.

They play with as much enthusiasm as they rest. Ashley and Tween go at it hammer-and-tongs regularly. It almost wears us out watching them.

Gotta love 'em. Sometimes hugging them is the drug that cures what ails us.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
They are laying together..... hugging. They are embraced in total bliss, just snuggling. Its amazing to me. These guys that fight and play.... sometimes just act like brothers (they arent). THey just embrace each other.... close their eyes.... and sleep.
It amazes me every time how cats act towards each other when they get along. They clean the other guy (licking them on the forehead or whatever) and purr. I just wish I had a camera. I keep looking at them while I type this. Its actually relaxing ME. Cute little guys.
I know what you mean! Both of our beloved kitties went to kitty heaven in 2006, then this past November they sent us two beautiful kitty sisters to help heal our hearts. This sisters look like twins and are now 5 mos. old. They are so darn adorable, love to cuddle and hug each other (and us) and tubble across the floor in play. I love it!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

my first thought was, "man, sush, they rent dvd's and vhs for that!"

but now i understand.

i couldn't live without a visit from one of our 4 cats when the night has finally quieted. they seem to take turns laying in my lap while i'm reading late at night, when everyone's asleep.
or in the bathroom. they have no shame...lol.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Great ideas! Thanks. I'll get another box monday when I'm out and about doing errands. And I will put some of her poop in the box she uses now. Maybe, she just doesn't know she can do both in there. THANK YOU!!!

I don't think she's sad... when we put her out she stands by the door and cries and cries until we let her back in. She loves the extra attention and all the extra food she gets now that she's inside more.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #17
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Oppppps. My brain didnt see the part about how old the cat is. I humbly retract my advice. I goofed. I blame the beer. They MADE me drink them. They all ganged up on me!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol... it's ok Sushi. I forgive and Lily forgives you. She's sleeping soundly on her favorite blanket as we speak.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:35 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
or in the bathroom. they have no shame...lol.
Funny Bucky, my Hobbes always wanted to keep me company while I was in the bathroom, too... I kept seeing his little paw stretching out from under the door, trying to crawl in...
Old 01-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to squirt
Exclamation cat therapy

My three cats have just whipped the throw off the sofa and are fighting underneath it, they all wake up at the same time and decide that they will have to trash part of the house before breakfast - why is this? If I put breakfast out they ignore it until the trashing is over.