My cell phone.... sigh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my cell phone.... sigh

suffice to say i dropped it in the toilet. now what? will it drain? i already need a new one.. this one's already a yr. old, so i was thinking of a newer one, but what about all the pics and a couple of these messages i want to keep? can they be sent to a new phone?

Last edited:
My son dropped my Nextel in the toilet. I just pulled the battery and let it dry out. A few days later it fired right up.

Take Home chef's advice. Lots of electronics can be successfully dried after getting soaked. Just don't try to turn it on until it is completely dry. Take the battery out and put the whole thing somewhere with good airflow. give it a few days to dry out.

It all depends on what was in the toilet at the time of the dropping.:mrgreen:

wasabs, tee-hee, it was more or less basic water.:LOL: i adore disinfectant, so my toilet's shiny clean!:-p
thanks, all. after this i'm thinking of going to my cell phone company. it's near enough to me. i have see if it's snowy out.

Ken said:
I know someone else with a toilet/phone story.:mrgreen:

what's it gonna cost for me to get you to give us your phone story?:LOL: j/k. seriously, what's your phone story?

Its my stupid phone story. Ken has a big mouth. Sheesh. I might have dropped our cordless phone in the toilet once when I was sick. It never worked again. Which is why I suggest you give your cell phone a decent burial. Who knows though, sounds like other folks know more than I do about electronics.

You know, those little guys can be much tougher than they may seem. Usually the good reputable manufacturers take it into accounts that those tiny slippery objects that are carried around and handled just about anywhere in every imaginable circumstances can face some unexpected mishandling. I hope you have taken the advice of Home Chef and GB, more often than not, you can bail yourself out with timely, proper treatment!:)

Had a cell phone go for a swim in a lake earlier this year, it was fine at first, but instead of pulling the battery, i handed it to my wife, who tried to turn it off - it DID turn off (as it made a sizzling sound)... She meant well.

It was in my pocket when I went over the side of the boat to walk it onto the trailer, I forgot about the local custom of power loading boats onto trailers (Despite the big sign from the state that prohibits it), so as I was walking along, I went from knee deep (and no threat to the phone) to chest deep in about two steps...

It was still under warranty - so we just took it back with that time honored excuse - "It's broke"

John

alix, just curious, why were you on the phone while hanging your head in the toilet from being sick? you know what they say, you should be hands free when driving, especially the porcelain bus...

Buckytom, I had actually finished riding the porcelain bus and was in the tub. I had to call work to tell them to get someone else in to open the door (I was one of only 3 with keys) and when I finished on the phone I reached over to place it on the toilet seat. OOPS! I had left the seat up and SPLOOSH! And being that I was in a somewhat weakened state, I couldn't fish the danged thing out as quickly as I would have liked. So...dead. Very dead.

I have to testify... that phone will not ring for hours, sometimes days... and the minute you pass the threshold into the restroom, it rings nonstop. Of course you have to take it with you! :(

DampCharcoal said:
So let me get this straight. You were using an electrically powered device while immersed in water? Ken, calling Ken...
Yeah, we put the phone on the edge of the tub right next to the radio and toaster.:)

Alix said:
Its my stupid phone story. Ken has a big mouth. Sheesh. I might have dropped our cordless phone in the toilet once when I was sick. It never worked again. Which is why I suggest you give your cell phone a decent burial. Who knows though, sounds like other folks know more than I do about electronics.

I did the exact same thing Alix - mine never recovered either :-(

I think if my cell phone or cordless phone ever goes into the toilet, I'll just skip the "seeing if it can be saved" part of the equation and move right into the replacement phase... :angel:

John

My son left his on top of the car ( in the rain) He opened it up and used the hair dryer on it and it works just fine,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom