"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #41
Senior Cook

Just read the entire thread Barb...WOW!! Sounds like your entire family has gobs of "soap opera" quality stuff going on. Whew! Just try to focus on your father during this horrendous time, &, pray that his pesterous GF picks up some type of septic hospital disease just to keep her AWAY from him (I know that doesn't read very nicely, but...point trying to be made)...Just ANYTHING to get her out of his hospital room, while trying to be all "ooey-gooey" over him especially w/seriously concerned family members present just turns my stomach!!
I sincerely do hope for the best, &, your da is now in my prayers!...(should I send them to Carolina, or elsewhere?)

Old 04-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #42
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks BT!

MM--Thanks! Actually my prayers regarding the girlfriend have been that she changes, but also that she goes away. The lawyer has been contacted and the girlfriend is not being left alone with my dad. Also, even though I am in South Carolina, my dad is in California.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #43
Senior Cook

Thanks for the prompt reply...just in time for my rosary beads even!! *winks* California, - here it comes!!
There is DEFINATELY something "quinky" (HA - a Scooby Doo/Themla remark) that just doesn't sit quite right as far as the GF goes....I KNOW that I am an UBER skeptical person to begin with, but...she just doesn't settle "right" with me...Through all of this though, I really am wishing the BEST for your Da...I lost my Grandpa many yrs. ago to a rare brain cancerous disease. At the time, it was so rare, that there were only 5 documented cases for it in the US. I know much has changed since then in modern medicine, &,...your plight strikes near & dear to me...My SINCEREST well-wishes are being sent your way!!!! *HUGS*
Old 04-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #44
Head Chef

I'm also late in hearing about your situation and wish you the very best outcome, and as much peace of mind as possible in these sad and difficult days.

Liz
Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

We will continue to keep your dad & tour family in our prayers. Take Care.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #46
Executive Chef

I read this thread with trepidation each morning. Barb mate you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Someone in your family should appear to break ranks and befriend the GF.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
I read this thread with trepidation each morning. Barb mate you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Someone in your family should appear to break ranks and befriend the GF.

Bolas raises and interesting point, that is, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

It might be a good move to be warmer to the GF, if for no other reason than to get some sense of what she's up to. Of course, not making the whole thing obvious, but I'm sure there are subtle ways of doing this.

Hang in there and be as strong as you can.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Bolas raises and interesting point, that is, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

It might be a good move to be warmer to the GF, if for no other reason than to get some sense of what she's up to. Of course, not making the whole thing obvious, but I'm sure there are subtle ways of doing this.

Hang in there and be as strong as you can.
I completely agree with that statement. A close friend I had always said people like the gf are put in our lives & are known as saint makers. Hang tough & kill'em with kindness.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #49
Traveling Welcome Wagon

My daughter always treats people in a friendly and respectful manner, and it was the same with this girlfriend. The girlfriend is doing everything she can to try to drive a wedge between my dad and the family.

Anyway, he was moved into a temporary nursing facility while they wait for the biopsy results (doctors are going over them together and will meet with my dad next Tuesday). They do not like the place he is at, but the girlfriend has talked him into staying there. He has already fallen there once. The family is hoping to move him to one a little closer to home, where he can have a private room.

We have found out a lot about this girlfriend that I can't share here. Believe me, this is not a case of family vs girlfriend trying to get money. We do believe that is what she is doing (and have reason to suspect she has done this before), but we don't care if he gives her everything, if he is not being manipulated. None of his actions concerning her are consistent with his normal behavior. The tumor pressing on his brain is making him say and do things he wouldn't normally say or do.

We just want my dad healthy and happy.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #50
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm sorry your Dad had a fall...falls are unavoidable, unless you tie the person in bed.

Chin up! Still sending prayers and good thought to you and yours.