My Dad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad passed away very peacefully at about 1 am (PST) this morning. I too am very much at peace. While I wasn't there, I suspected and said my goodbyes before I left him last night. Now there are the details to attend to but I feel strong. This is not to say I am not grieving - I just know he is no longer in pain and I did what I could to help him.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, thoughts, support, encouragement, hugs, love. I still need it all. :)

May he rest in peace! I am glad you were able to be there for him Laurie. As hard as this is, you seem to be in as good a place as can be expected right now. Continue to stay strong and know you have tremendous support surrounding you.

You have been a very strong woman and daughter and I know he is very appreciative of your strength.

Be at peace and remember all the good things as you come to terms with all of this.

We are here for you anytime you need us.

img_1114356_0_3012fabeee91afad03e45368e8c5d314.gif

Laurie, you were the very best daughter that any aging parent could ask for. Your father is now in God's arms and at peace. Remember to turn to your sister for support as she needs you right now. And know that we are here for you. We all love you. :angel:

(((hugs Laurie)))

At the memorial for my mother, the Unitarian minister said, among many things, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that she stopped dying."

Remember to take care of yourself.

so sorry for your loss, laurie. you carried your dad through troubled times ever so gently to the resting place where he is finally at peace. may you draw peace and comfort for yourself now from your sister, family and the people who love you.

((((((((((Laurie)))))))))))) Right now you feel love of setting him free from dying. What a profound quote from that minister, TL.

Sadly, you've now joined the club of adult orphans, and when it sets in, it's truly a jolting revelation. It's good that you have your sister to share that sorrow with.

Praying for your peace in the days ahead ((((((Laurie)))))))).

My Dad passed away very peacefully at about 1 am (PST) this morning. I too am very much at peace. While I wasn't there, I suspected and said my goodbyes before I left him last night. Now there are the details to attend to but I feel strong. This is not to say I am not grieving - I just know he is no longer in pain and I did what I could to help him.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, thoughts, support, encouragement, hugs, love. I still need it all. :)
I am praying for you sweetie. You are amazingly strong, but you have One even stronger to hold you up as you go through all of this, so rely on Him. I will be gone all day, but any time you want to talk, if I am here, you can talk my "ears" off.

I just let James know, and he said that he is very sorry. We both love you very much.

Hi LP, Sorry to hear about your dad. You have to remember to take care of yourself too. It's easy to get caught up in running back and forth and everything that goes with it. I pray that your dad continues to rest easy and for you and your family.

LPBeier said:

You still have it all. I'm glad you feel at peace and I hope your sister finds peace too.

This has been such a difficult journey for you and for your dad, Laurie. So glad you both have finally found peace. My deepest sympathies.

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss laurie. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your sister. God's peace to you both.

{{{{{Laurie}}}}} I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Tony, and your sister.

Attachments

• dusk-dawn.jpg
    dusk-dawn.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 164
Bless you, Laurie! I am so sorry for your loss and relieved for your Dad's Peace and Reward. Love you!

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am diamond glints of snow;
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush;
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds encircled flight
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

(unknown author)

Laurie, I'm sorry for you loss and, be sure, I know how you feel.. :(
It will hurt for the rest of your life, and there will be days where it's better and there are days, when it is really bad.
And there will be this moments, when it strucks you out of the sudden, like it does now with me - the moments when you think you get along with that and something happens that makes you miss him like hell.

Life will never be the same without his love, his words, his humor... but it is still there, it's inside you and noone can take this away from you, it's his treasure he gave to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom