My Dad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie, I was so sad to read of the passing of your dad. It is never easy to lose a loved one and I know you were really close to your dad. Be thankful for the time you had together and keep the good times close in your heart. I lost my dad suddenly in January, we had not been very close in many years and I am finding it difficult to come to terms with his death. I hope that the good relationship you shared with your dad will make it easier for you to understand and to grieve.
You should be proud of the wonderful job you did of caring for your father, he was a lucky man with 2 good daughters.

You and your family are in my thougthts and prayers. XOXOXOXOXOX

Laurie- I don't know what to say that hasn't been already said. Take comfort that a lot of people on DC care for and are thinking of you at this time.

Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear your dad passed away. I know how much you loved him. I'm glad you are at peace with the difficult decisions you had to make. May God continue to bring you and your family the comfort of His love and compassion as you move forward. Love and Hugs to you!

I have always read your posts, more often then not mentioning the time you have spent with your father. I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

Laurie, I've been away a bit and I'm sorry I missed this post. Sending you love and hugs my friend. May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, and may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Laurie, others have said what I've thought and wanted to say so all I'll tell you is now you can feel the weight lifting and cherish all the good memories. There will be many unexpected triggers that will bring your father back and they will wash you in comfort.

My daddy died in 1973 and, even now, every time I see an historical marker at a state or national park, I smile and feel him nearby. He loved our country and took every opportunity to make sure we children appreciated it. In time, these markers became known as "hysterical" markers because of his enthusiasm.

See, I'll bet you're smiling, too, because there will be similar occasions when your father will be there.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you everyone. I wish I could respond to each and every one of you because everything you have said I hold near and dear to my heart. Please know that I have read them over and over for comfort.

I will leave this thread open for another day or two in case there is anyone who missed it and wants to comment. But then I will close it so I may go on and just be another member because what I really need is to be part of my wonderful DC family again.

At the moment I am knee deep in arrangements, decisions, phone calls, etc. and so will pop in every chance I can for a dose of love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom