My daughter just freaked me out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deelady, kids start to have abstract thought about 18 mos - 2 years so she is likely imagining things and hasn't grown up quite enough to distinguish reality from fantasy yet.

If you are a faithful person I will tell you what works for us when the creepies start to get us jumpy. When my kids were young I would snuggle them and just do this myself out loud, now that they are older we snuggle and all visualize. I would talk about saying a prayer and asking the holy spirit to come and fill up the room we were in and push out anything that didn't belong there. We would imagine the room being filled with a lovely golden light and from there we would "push" that light into every nook and cranny of the house. We would "see" it in our heads as I talked us through the house. Everyone would sleep well after that. And our house has the most peaceful feeling when you walk in. Most folks who are upset or stressed when they get here take a big deep breath, sink into one of our couches and just settle. Works here. Maybe it will help you too.

After my daughter was killed, we took her little boy, and he had a bad time with nightmares. He said something was coming in his window trying to make him be bad, so we got him a native American dream catcher and hung it in the window. It was something he could actually see that seemed to comfort him.

have a picture of yourself and dad, too, if there is one..........and have it on their bedside.......when they wake up in the night they'll see it and hopefully be comforted...........give them a big flashlight, too, many kids that young don't have the resources to comfort themselves and sooth themselves enough to go back to sleep.......bring the dolls out when they're older and definitely don't put clown dolls under the bed.........even that movie scared me as an adult..good luck!

have a picture of yourself and dad, too, if there is one..........and have it on their bedside.......when they wake up in the night they'll see it and hopefully be comforted!
in your halloween costumes!! (joke) ;);)

I have no doubt that children see things that we do not. I had an amazing experience just last night: we have an art walk during high season in our little town every two weeks, and we had one last night. During art walks, I set up my paints in the gallery where my work is sold, and it's fun to chat with people while I work. A Mexican woman came up behind me last night, looked at the painting I was working on and gasped. It is a colorful picture of several skeletons (calacas/catrinas) having a merry time in a tree, e.g, one is riding a bike, one is taking a bath, one is holding a cluster of balloons,etc. The woman told me that she was driving with her granddaughter past a cemetary when the little girl was four. She cried out, "Grandma, stop! I want to play with those children!" Her grandma could see no children and said, "What children?" "The ones in the tree," she said. "and there's a balloon man there, too." Gulp.

So, I would take others' advice and try to comfort her - not by insisting she didn't hear or see anything, but by focusing on various ways to help her feel unafraid and safe, dependiing on your faith and inclinations. And I might ditch the doll, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom