My daughter just freaked me out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
I just put her to bed a couple of minutes ago (wich is never an issue, she loved bedtime!) and not even 5 mins later shes yelling and crying in bed! I go to her room thinking she spilt her bottle or something like that but when I go into her room she is staring at or by her closet saying...."talking! talking!" I don't know if she was pointing at her closet or a porcelyn doll next to it but she really seemed freaked out! I turned on the closet light so she could see inside and she did not want to stay in her bed! (very unlike her) she just kept trying to tell me that something was talking!
I didn't know what to say other than its ok its just mommas TV down stairs.....but I know the volume was much too low for her to have heard that....but it was enough to calm her to lay back down.

I swear that doll was staring at me as I walked out the room!!!:wacko::huh::ohmy:

Hmmmm any one have the number to Ghost Busters??:eek:

Hun, I'm tellin' ya, have another, you will NEVER know with them which end is up!!!!!!!!
:)
Honest, in my experience, don't get used to anything they change on a dime!!!!
I hate to say it but, welcome to terrible 2's???

(and 3's and 4's and 5's get a little better..........)

so the terrible twos start to hear voices?? Thats one aspect of it I never heard of....and I'm telling you girlfriend.....one is MORE than enough for us!! ;)

How old is she? When my daughter was somewhere between 12 and 18 months old she was taking a nap. Suddenly I heard her crying and went to check on her. She was standing in the corner of her crib, pointing up at the shelves, crying out what sounded like, "Fresh! Fresh!" She was very upset. I tried everything I could think of, but she just said, "No! Fresh!" I think she had just had a bad dream or night terrors.

:)Barbara

Well she also went through a quick phase of night terrors as well around that age (shes two now) but she wasn't even in bed 15 mins yet....

It is possible that she fell asleep quickly. Or maybe she saw a spider or a fly on the doll's face. :ohmy:

I don't think my daughter ever had night terrors since that time, but I have them to this day. I've had some doozies, believe me!

:)Barbara

Well I don't know if this will scare you more or comfort you but I hope it will comfort you. I had night terrors at age 2 and every year after that. I walked and talked in my sleep at every age from 2-12. My parents would wake me up in a cold shower and ask me if I knew who they were--note: don't do that. It's just a strong dream/nightmare. I'd be screaming, look at the fox, look at the fox......in the window......yet have no memory of my behavior. I'd walk around the house when I was little and asleep and my parents would have people over for a party and no one knew I was asleep, then, I'd wake up a few minutes later on the couch with no recollection of what had transpired.
It didn't get any better really, nothing terrible happened, I just walked and talked in my sleep for many years. Even to the point of talking on the phone with my mom and not remembering it until I woke up, while I was in college. I'd call her back and tell her, mom, I remember I must have talked to you, what did we talk about.
I still have very vivid dreams, I still walk in my sleep, and I probably still talk in my sleep. It's just a very deep dream state, which means I'm sleeping deeply. Sleeping deeply is healthy for everyone. Mine just seemed very bizarre.
Nothing bad has come of it, it's just a deep dream state. Be gentle and things will be okay. ~Bliss

Yes it is possible she had already dozed off, but she was clearly telling me that something was talking over there because she was persistent about it! At least all seems quiet now.....

Hey TG....you have my curiosity up now!!

Maybe your little daughter sees the same things my cat does that I don't.

I'm sorry she, and you, were so scared, dee.

Lee

I just tend to believe when it is totally out of character.
One morning, when my oldest use to have to get up at 5 am to get on the bus, I would normally get up with him and watch bump in the night on nick in the morning. Well, I woke up when I heard him talking. Then as I was getting in there, the bus got there, he was looking at the couch dead in his tracks and turned slowly towards me and said, mom, you were just here, right? I said no, I just got up. He was WHITE and then had to go catch the bus. Well, when he came home, we went to pick up my youngest and as I did, he told me about sitting there and talking to me. He said I asked him about his bad dream, which had woke him up and he had told me about it and I told him that it would be okay, that he would sleep better tonight. Well, my youngest was in the back seat and quietly said, momma, that wasn't you? He was pale and shaking and tears were at the rim of his eyes. This is not anything like them, at all!! It never happened again and never before that. That house is the only one that, while taking pics of the before and after, one room had the white smoke around it. No other room did. No sun out to glare and no mirrors or anything to cause this. Other weird things happened there, but, were small. My son had dreams about my mom that night. He was only 5 when she died, he barely remembers her at all. But, the voice, he said, sounded like me and I'm the one that has the same tone as my mom. Coincidence or not, I don't know, it's the only time this ever happened around me and I'm not the kind of person to talk about these things. I just don't turn my back when I hear things like this from children. Now days, I wouldn't believe my boys, they would LOVE to do something to freak me out, but, not back then.

Back
Top Bottom