"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #91
Head Chef

Goodweed, I just read your post #66.

Breaks my heart. I'm so sorry.

Lee

Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #92
Executive Chef

Oh my good,good GoodWeed.I haven't any more to say as it has all has been said by so many.I hope it gives you some strength to carry on.And dont forget you gave her the best life she could have ever wished for and thats alot.But know we all are still with you and your sweet dog and know she really is ok.What a great send off to a dog we have never met and that we all feel so much compassion for, you ,your wife and of course mostly Kaycee.Hang in there guy.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #93
Executive Chef

Sorry for your loss GW. I can't imagine what it's like to walk into the house without kaysee there. Very lonely indeed. I cannot imagine my life without our dog. I am so glad that your dog died in your wifes' arms.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 AM   #94
Master Chef

So many things already said that I too wanted to say. I'm so sorry Goodweed for your loss . She was truely blessed to of had you to love her.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #95
Senior Cook

My father in law once told me "it hard to have dogs, they just don't live long enough." He's right but I've now had a few and every minute of their too short lives has been a blessing to us. May your blessing be as wonderful as our has.{ Our current blessing is 13 and I'm hoping this tail to her life is as great for her as the early part of hers was for us.}

Now, do we get another and watch its short life? Are the blessings worth the pain? I don't know.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #96
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robt
My father in law once told me "it hard to have dogs, they just don't live long enough." He's right but I've now had a few and every minute of their too short lives has been a blessing to us. May your blessing be as wonderful as our has.{ Our current blessing is 13 and I'm hoping this tail to her life is as great for her as the early part of hers was for us.}

Now, do we get another and watch its short life? Are the blessings worth the pain? I don't know.
Is it worth knowing that your giving them a wonderful and loving life that they may not have had without you? There are too many out there that have horendous lives. We can only give them the love we have for them for as long as they are around. If you have it in you, give it to as many as you can while you are still on this earth.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #97
Master Chef

I think that the cat we still ahve will give us joy for many years to come. I son't think I can get through the pain of losing another dog. I've cried serious tears on occasions from my boyhood, through to the present due to the death of various dogs that have been a part of my life. I'm a guy with a soft heart, very big on family and family values, with a deep respect for life. I have known the personalities of various animals and have witnessed a child-like innocence in the dogs I have owned.

We once had a dog, when I was about 10/11 years old. It was a beagle that had been mistreated by its previous owner. It growled and snapped at everyone as it was afraid of everyone. The animal was given to me to feed and water. Over the space of several weeks, I gained its trust. He would play with me, and allow me to pet him, though he would let no one else near.

To make a long story short, I tried to get my younager sister to pet him, erroniously believing that she would be as safe as I was. I was wrong. The dog snapped at her. It missed, but only because he was on a leash and she was out of reach. My step-father wouldn't allow me to keep such a dangerous animal and had him put down. It was the right thing to do, but it broke my heart just the same. It wasn't the dog's fault that he had been mistreated.

And then there was my first dog, Tuffy, a beagle born to one of our other beagles. He was playful and fun, and a joy for me as a boy. I came home from school one day to find that he had escaped from his pen and was hit by a car. That one hurt a lot too. And there have been others, just as prescious.

I want to be able to travel and do things, without having to find someone to take care of my dog. And I have no more kids in my home to spend the time playing with another animal the way they should be played with. And I've always got some activity going, be it fishing, or running the 3rd annual cardboard sled race in our town, or something with my church, or here on DC. Well, you get the picture. Plus, there has to be some time left over for DW.

So, I'll leave the puppies to someone who can give them the time they desearve. And again, thanks to all of you for your support. It was and is a blessing.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #98
Master Chef

Your a great guy, GW!! God Bless!!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #99
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robt

A saying:
The reason they have such short lives is because it doesn't take them as long to learn how to love.....
Old 03-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #100
Sous Chef

Goodweed, I'm not sure how I missed this. I was very busy last month and didn't get to DC as much as I like. I am so very sorry for your loss. Reading the posts I realize it's all been said as well. What a great group we have here at DC. I hope that you are experiencing some healing and peace at this time.