"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #101
My sympathies for your loss Goodweed. I share you pain in many losses of animal friends. It doesn't make it any easier if they are animals. *hugs*

CassiesKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #102
Master Chef
Yeh, sometimes I half expect to hear her, or see her chasing the cat (they played well together and the cat misses her too). Yesterday evening, my wife scraped he fork accross her plate in such a way, it made a sound like kaysee coughing. it sent shivers down my spine. For all but the last week of her life, she had been such an energetic and playful animal. We really miss her. But we know that all life forces (we like to call them spirits) are never destroyed. We just can't interface with them unless they are animating a physical body. But there will come a day when our own spirits will leave these physical bodies that we animate. And then, I think many people will be surprised that they are not really gone.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #103
Sous Chef
Those are wonderful thoughts Goodweed. After losing our Abby last week, I can now honestly say I understand what you're going through.
One of our cats is also confused. He wanders through the house looking around..and sniffs Abby's chair looking for a fresh scent.
Take care.

"Mmmmmm. Floor pie."
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote