"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #21
Master Chef
When this mortality is over, and we all have passed over to the other side, I will have deer freinds to shake hands with, to hug, and to laugh with. I may never get the chance to meet many of you in person, while here in mortality, but we will meet. You are my brothers and sisters, and I will know you. My spirit will call out in recognition and joy.

Thank all of you for your heart-felt compassion. Now, go and give your prayers and love to Marge. Kaysee is at the end of her days, and there is nothing left to do but say goodbye. John still has a fighting chance.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #22
Sous Chef
(((GoodWeed and family)))I am sorry that Kaysee is coming to the end of her physical life and I know you are doing everything to give her all the comfort and love you can.I wish you much love and energy.Vicki

VickiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #23
Head Chef
I am so sorry to hear about your dog - Jolie is a person to me - not a dog. Is there anything that the vet can do?

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #24
Head Chef
My sincere sympathies, Goodweed. We lost our dog 3 years ago and still miss her. As my friend told us, you give new meaning to the term "lucky dog"
I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #25
DC Grandma
Animals are family!!

I am so sorry my friend. I know how it hurts to loose a family pet.
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I'm so sorry to hear about Kaysee. It is hard to lose an important part of the family.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #27
Head Chef
I grew up almost literally, at at times literally, in a zoo.

Was taught to deal with animals, from poisonous snakes to jaguars (and we had both in our house, believe it or not) since I was weaned.

And have had to put down many animals, yes personally. No I am not a vet but we had the stuff available to us.

Always was very sad when we had to put one down.

But there are times when it is the kindest thing to do.

My fil refused to do so, have seen a once robust, and nasty, cat, a shell of itself, pulling itself across the floor with its forelegs, the poor animal's hind legs no longer being functional.

Fil refused to put it to sleep even though it was clearly in pain.

He thought he was being kind, he was not. He just could not deal with the reality that death is something that awaits us all, and euthanasia for animals at times is appropriate and kind.

The cocktail the vets use today is very fast and painless.

It is always difficult to lose a pet but knowing when to end the pain is part of the obligation one accepts when taking on the care of an animal.

Just my take on things. Am sorry to hear about your dog.
auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #28
Master Chef
GW... I'm sorry to read about Kaysee... it hurts my heart to know that you are having to face this. I love my pets as if they are members of the family, then are little individuals in my family and are always considered in every decision made. With that said, I will pray for Kaysee, I pray that she is healed, but if that is not the case, I pray for a peaceful passing, for both her and your family GW. It is not easy... see my avatar?? I had to put him down 3 years ago and it was not easy. Please keep us posted, you know we are here for you.
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
Executive Chef
GW,I really can not say anymore because I know how hard this is for you and your family and there is not more I can say to make it easier .Yet I and the rest of us pet lovers cry with you and send our prayers.There is a place for our little friends as their souls are too pure to not go some where wonderful.Again I am so so sorry!JP
Hang in there!You know we are with you all the way!
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #30
Sous Chef
For Kaysee

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep.

I pray for bones and smelly things,
And posh couches with good springs.

I pray for gourmet doggy snacks,
And someone to scratch my back.

For good trees and lots of walks,
For garden beds and chewy stalks.