My dog is on her last legs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True

I am truly grateful you will have her for a little while. Wonderful you let us know about her. She knows you are worried and I am sure she doesn't want to leave either. I just love it when people are so caring for their animals. They are so worth it.

Please keep us informed. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I am happy to read your message. So often the dog w/diabetes gave me cause to worry. She is still around, so I think she must like it here. She is so smart. I can just think about her and she comes near my feet. Kind of strange that she reads my mind like that. God gave them the gift. When you can't speak you have mental telepathy. Think that is true? Most all my dogs have done this in the past. Hope Kaysee can hear my mental telepathy!

I hope your dog pulls through. My dad's dog was on death's door last winter (he is very old, he is blind, his kidneys were failing). My dad was taking him into the vet every other day for kidney dialysis and suddenly one day, he just got better. His kidneys were working again. He is still old and blind but he not on death's door anymore.

I will keep you and your dog in my thoughts and prayers.

Toots

Your story is so uplifting. Knowing your dad has his dog is so great. That dog knows your dad didn't want him to leave yet and so he evidently had a strong spirit to sick around. I just love animals. Most of all dogs. Thanks for sharing this story. Gives all of us hope. May your dad's dog be around for many years so your dad always has company.

I am so sorry, I have several dogs and cats and I love them just like they were family members. I almost cried when I read your post because I know how hard it is to lose a dog. You are going to be in for a rough time in the near future. Thank you for posting about the chew toys and bones. God bless.

Again, I thank all of you for your support. It turns out that the blockage was still there. She just kept the food in his stomach longer. She continued to get weaker by the hour. I called the vet to see if I could get her in during my lunch hour. He said to wait until 2:15. I picked up the dog and my wife. It was the first time ever that Kaysee wasn't standing at the door with her tail wagging. Even last night she had strength enough to show joyous expectation. But today, she just had nothing left. It's a seven minute drive from our house to the vets. She died on my wife's lap on the way there. I carried her to the car, and then into the vets.

Kaysee is in a great place. She was always a loyal and great dog. We will miss her.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

(((Goodweed)))

I don't think I can say anything without sounding banal and useless, but please know that my heart cries with you. She showed her courage and love, and fought until the end trying to stay with you as long as possible. What a girl. Please try not to be too sad... she would want you to remember her with smiles and fuzzy happiness, not with tears.
She will never be a goner in your heart!!

Goodweed, I'm crying with you. Your situation was soooo much like one Buck and I went through with our dear Justin Digger. That was several years ago and we still miss him but know he is safe and happy. We'll see him another day. Maybe he's playing with Kaysee now.

Virtual hugs to you and your family.

Goodweed, I'm so sorry. We all had great hopes when Kaysee perked up but it was not meant to be. You and Mrs Goodweed hold each other tight, and remember the good times. :(

very sorry

i am so sorry. I only know for sure you loved her. please accept my sympathy. she even spared you the heartache of having the vet let her go. what a dog! or should i say a good friend.

Aw Goodweed. I was reading your post about her keeping her food down with crossed fingers. Then I scrolled down. I'm so very truly sorry.

he

:( :( :( Im so,so sorry Gw I am so sad and crying a river of tears but thats me as when I hear this you might as well bring out the buckets as Im a very emotional person when it comes to animals.However I think Kaycee decided to go rather than put you thru the agony of putting her down.She is in good hands now and she will be waiting for you when you decide to go.
I am so amazed how many people at DC are such animal lovers.I love all of you for all the kindness and love and support we all give to each other not just for our pets but for everything else.You guys are the cream of the crop as far as the human race goes.

Awwwwe GW..... my heart is heavy for you... I wish the outcome could have been different. I was excited to see things were turning for the better this morning, but alas, a turn of events that has left us in sorrow. My thoughts and paryers are with you and your family, here is a hug for GW...**HUGS**. She is not hurting anymore and I know she had a good life with your family.... maybe Kaysee can say "HI" to Buster for me when she sees him!!!!

GW,
Even though she is not hurting I know you are. My love to you and your family at this time. Especially since you posted on John's site feeling the way you do.

If the Rainbow Bridge rings through..Paul was surrounded by all his hunting hounds and our beloved Yorkie, Peanut. He was about 17 years old when we lost him..then Miss Dove came into our life.

Kaysee waited until the two people she loved were close, before she chose to leave and in her way, honoured you both.
So many people do not understand the kind of love we humans can have for our four legged friends ( and winged/finned ones too). It is as strong as the kinship we feel for/with them. Mine are my babies.
My sympathies to you and your wife GW, lots of warm fuzzies sent your way during this sad time.

This is a wonderful site that you may like to visit sometime.

Animals In Our Hearts, a Pet Loss and Animal Communication Resource

What a lovely way to leave, held in the arms of those who loved her.

Very sorry to read this, GW. I was really hoping things would work out OK for you. At least she was being cuddled by someone she loved at the end. Not much consolation for you, but I'm sure it was a comfort to her. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom