"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I'm so sorry Katie. You all have my thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #32
Head Chef

What a wonderfully supportive community this is! I have read about your plight when you discovered that your friend was ill, and followed the wellspring of compassion and support that your online friends have provided. This is truly a unique fellowship of kind people. I am also very sorry for your loss, Katie, and I'm sure you are grateful for the many people here who care for you.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
What a wonderfully supportive community this is! I have read about your plight when you discovered that your friend was ill, and followed the wellspring of compassion and support that your online friends have provided. This is truly a unique fellowship of kind people. I am also very sorry for your loss, Katie, and I'm sure you are grateful for the many people here who care for you.

Yes, Karen. This is a very supportive community. I've asked for help/support in the past and have been showered with support beyond description.

I'm so grateful for everyone's loving comments and support. I've been alternating between being "strong" and crying all day since I heard the news. 54 years of history is a long time and it's very difficult to put to rest.

Those of us who lived on the "hill" have such a rich history. The rest of us - me, Kevin (my brother), Bob's younger brother, Jeff, and the rest of our "hill" family, Gina, Mike, Johnny, are still left. Mike, Gina and I are almost exactly the same age to the day, so when one of us checks out it will be tough. We're a great big family. We've experienced a lot together.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #34
Executive Chef

My condolences Katie. What an amazing friendship you shared! We are thinking of you and Bob, his family and the great friends of the "hill"
Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #35
Master Chef

Katie; you know my thoughts about death from posts in other threads. Death is inevitable for all of us, and is just a part of life. We miss those who pass from mortality before us. We wish there never had to be a seperation. But that freindship you shared with him will go on, now and after you pass from mortality too. He will be waiting for you, with open arms and a big smile, welcoming you. And I'm glad you were able to see him, and share past experiences and joys.

I will pray for his family, and for you. We all need extra help during times of such great loss as this.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:28 AM   #36
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Sending you hugs, Katie...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #37
Hospitality Queen

Echoing others, I'm so glad you were able to visit Bob one more time. The passing of a loved one is never easy or painless, but may you feel comforted, knowing that he had your warm, loving friendship, even to the last days. Hugs to you.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:02 AM   #38
Sous Chef

I too echo all that has been said Katie especially Goodweed's thoughts. You may miss him but you havn't lost him. You have those wonderful memories of so much love and laughter shared. " Say not in sadness that he is no more but in gladness that he was."
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #39
Sous Chef

I am sorry to hear about your loss Katie.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #40
Master Chef

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Katie and the families.