My friend is very ill.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The human body is an amazing machine. It can heal so many of its own failures, especially when the spirit is positive verses negative. Your love for your friend, no doubt, helped her, whether you could be by her side or not. The prayers of many helped to. As you said, she may never recover, but at the very least, she has enough function to know the love of her friends and family. When she does move on to the next life, and we all do sooner or later, she will carry that with her. And when you follow some distant time in the future, she will be there, waiting to embrace you, and welcome you.

I believe in life after death. And I know that my parents, and grandparents will be waiting for me. There will be a reunion, and it will be a great time of celebration. But for now, continue to give your love to your friend, and remember, that all things are possible with faith.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I just hope for some quality of life. That is all I wish for. When I was on the road for three years, we often found ourselves in old historic churches. My mother was very, very, well, not to exaggerate, but close to her death-bed (she encouraged us to go). Whenever we stopped at one of these churches, I prayed, not so much for her recovery, but for her to be able to enjoy every day of the life she had left. That was well over a decade ago, and I was lucky enough to be sitting with her when my niece announced that she was to, this summer, see her first great-grandchild. You'd never believe it if you'd seen her even last year, but now she is jumping around like a teenager.

Babe

This thread is the main reason I check to see progress. It IS positive to know there is A change. I will surely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So many are thinking of you babe, and that truly makes a difference.

I thank you for keeping us informed of how your friend is doing. With all this support I am sure you can feel it. Be strong, babe.

Oh, how is Thomas doing?

good news and then up jumps the devil. she has run out of coverage for physical therapy and speech therapy. without the speech thepory she can not eat again as the speech therapist has to approve. so..............she can't get better, they won't pay but continue to pay for warehousing. i am beyond angry and into super atomic angry. i call it wallie's wild toad ride, in the land of medical madness.

Babe, this makes me so angry and so sad.Do no harm, what a crock...Were I her daughter i'd be making so much noise they would throw me out. If it were in my power to do anything at all I would. All I can do is continue to pray for Wallie. She is blessed to have a friend such as you.
kades

This thread is the main reason I check to see progress. It IS positive to know there is A change. I will surely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So many are thinking of you babe, and that truly makes a difference.

I thank you for keeping us informed of how your friend is doing. With all this support I am sure you can feel it. Be strong, babe.

Oh, how is Thomas doing?

thomas is just fine. he is my bud. he was so good when i was sick , just stayed in bed with me. didn't pester to play or anything. but boy he is glad i am feeling better, he is practically skipping when he goes out to sun room with me. one of the reasons i have to live at least five more years. he will be ten years olds then and can just go with me. silly but has to be considered. :neutral:

thomas is just fine. he is my bud. he was so good when i was sick , just stayed in bed with me. didn't pester to play or anything. but boy he is glad i am feeling better, he is practically skipping when he goes out to sun room with me. one of the reasons i have to live at least five more years. he will be ten years olds then and can just go with me. silly but has to be considered. :neutral:
babe
How I can so relate to that feeling! We never want to let our 'friends' go! It is truly beautiful to hear how you have such a close relationship with Thomas. As you said one of our reasons for living.

Thanks for letting me know Thomas is happy, which means you are the same! All is well! You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

update: one of the doctors (lung) told daughter that they should pull the trach. he said she has no quality of life. daughter is against it , of course. she needs to think of what wallie would want. she is not better, she is not going to get better. it has been seven months and no progress in the breathing process. she is very brain injured. about 37 percent the doctor says.

i am a realist , she needs to let go of guilt and do what is right. i love my friend, but that person in the bed, is not my friend. she left long ago. yes i am sad, but we talked of this many times and what we did not want. she would not want this life.

Last edited:
babetoo

Thanks for the update. You are right when you say, 'she is gone'. I am so very grateful that you can see this. At this stage I don't believe anyone would want to cause her any more pain or discomfort. You want what is best for your friend. This is what true love is, allowing to let go. You did what you could for her when she was aware of it. Rest on that. I do feel sorry for her daughter that she has to take care of this alone. I am sure you try to help her as much as you can. There is a time when we all have to make choices on our own.

I am praying for all of you. Also giving thanks that you feel the way you do. Life is not easy. Keep in touch and take care of yourself. You are good person.

just realized we are coming up on a year in april. i am no longer expecting any positive change. i miss my friend very much. :(
She is in your heart what a wonderful place for her to be. She still has my prayers as do you.
kades

Back
Top Bottom