"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #131
Master Chef

prayers and candles

Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #132
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe, just letting you know that my thoughts and prayers are still with you and Willie (always). Love and Hugs.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #133
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks to all. she still can not speak. can write i am told. have had to focus on my self this week. i had a very bad fall early in the week. bruised, and sore. i am better but still achey.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #134
Head Chef

Oh babe, I am so sorry about your fall. Please take care of yourself and don't be reluctant to ask your family for help if you need it. (I say that because I am the worst at asking for help, and I suspect that you and I are alike in that regard.) Best wishes to you - Karen
Old 07-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #135
Senior Cook

Sending you wishes of a speedy recovery of latest fall Babe. I'll make you laugh now, one time I was seeing to a patient and I banged my shin against the bedrail ....well the pain sent me flying backwards that I tripped myself landing on the opposite wall, sliding down the wall and landing on bum on floor. Pill cup's in my hand strewn all over the place like confetti. The poor patient looked on in amazement and concern asked " shall I ring the call bell" I begged him not to because I'd never live it down with my fellow colleagues, got up dusted self off. Everytime I laughed to myself of what an idiot I must have looked like the lump on my leg the size of a golf ball reminded me of my pain and when the patient was discharged he left by saying goodbye with a wink noone else the wiser to my misfortunate trip
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #136
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
thanks to all. she still can not speak. can write i am told. have had to focus on my self this week. i had a very bad fall early in the week. bruised, and sore. i am better but still achy.
she is being moved tomorrow to another facility, all the patients are in her same condition. scary, is this the first step to ware housing her.

i spent today in bed, am very sore. falling is really scary. thanks for good wishes.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #137
Senior Cook

Location: Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my family lives.
Our thoughts are with your friend to have a speedy recovery and with you to have the strength to be there for her.

Bryan
Old 07-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #138
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
she is being moved tomorrow to another facility, all the patients are in her same condition. scary, is this the first step to ware housing her.

i spent today in bed, am very sore. falling is really scary. thanks for good wishes.
sounds like wise idea to be safe in bed. My brother has fallen three different times and he is not the man he once was. He has a fear in his eyes that reminds me of a scared child. Please take care of yourself babetoo. Your friend would want you to do that. I am sure she would tell you that you need rest and love too.

I am thinking and praying for all of you. Even your cat, Thomas. I am sure he likes you to be near to him.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #139
Sous Chef

Babe - I'm sorry for your friend, but keep in mind that as long as she's got the will to fight it, she might still recover.

I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Bob
Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #140
Chef Extraordinaire

you are right bob. she got moved mon and has spoken a little. wants a nightgown and the new place had her up walking. maybe a miracle in the making. i am to punchy to get excited.