"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #141
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe, that is wonderful news! I keep praying for both of you.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #142
Chef Extraordinaire

wally has made some strides toward getting well. she is breathing on her own a lot more. though trac. is still in and she is not eating food. swallow very weak. friday she got a hair cut and wash at the site she is at, according to daughter. i can't visit since i can't get a shoe on my right food yet. hopefully soon. i know i shouldn't be but keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #143
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
wally has made some strides toward getting well. she is breathing on her own a lot more. though trac. is still in and she is not eating food. swallow very weak. friday she got a hair cut and wash at the site she is at, according to daughter. i can't visit since i can't get a shoe on my right food yet. hopefully soon. i know i shouldn't be but keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Looks like she is slowly getting better. Now you get to feel better and able to get along so you can go see her. I pray for you both each day. Be well babe.
kades
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #144
Sous Chef

Babe - You and your friend are in my heart...

Bob
Old 07-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #145
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Babe, concentrate on getting yourself well enough to go visit Wallie so you can see for yourself, and in the meantime, try not to worry too much.

Sending you both prayers and hugs...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #146
Chef Extraordinaire

talked to wallie's daughter today. status quo . still has feeding tube. that bothers me a lot. foot getting better everyday. still swells by the end of day.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #147
Chef Extraordinaire

this is the last time i will post on this thread. hospital personal had a family meeting with doctors, nurses, her daughter and her brother on the phone in flo. the opinion is that even if she overcome the physical things, ie breathing on her own, and swallowing so she can eat. she has a feeding tube and only weights 84 pounds. she will never progress mentally. she has had a brain accident they say. i think they blew it and there are covering there collective butts. she can't be moved to a reg. nursing home until the swallows works.

i am heart broken . her daughter continues to be a idiot. i know she is in denial but the truth is the truth.

i thank you all for all your support during this long drawn out thread.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #148
Master Chef

Quote:
this is the last time i will post on this thread. hospital personal had a family meeting with doctors, nurses, her daughter and her brother on the phone in flo. the opinion is that even if she overcome the physical things, ie breathing on her own, and swallowing so she can eat. she has a feeding tube and only weights 84 pounds. she will never progress mentally. she has had a brain accident they say. i think they blew it and there are covering there collective butts. she can't be moved to a reg. nursing home until the swallows works.

i am heart broken . her daughter continues to be a idiot. i know she is in denial but the truth is the truth.

i am so sorry babe. i will keep you and your friend in my prayers.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #149
Senior Cook

I'm very sorry to read your last quote Babetoo and every human being deserves dignity with the greatest respect and care at all times. I hope and pray that those who continue to care for your cherished friend Wallie do this. I'm sending you a zilion hugs and if I knew they would mend your broken heart I would send you a zillion more. I know there are appropriate levels of care in a nursing home and if your friend Wallie takes this path will be well looked after. I wish I could reach out and say it's all going to be okay but instead all can say is I am sorry and thankyou for sharing your friend Wallie through your posts.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #150
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:

Babe, if you need to talk some more about this, you KNOW you can come here and we will understand. I am so sorry. I know your heart is hurting. I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.